OT - Your opinion on Profiles.

• Members

Originally posted by J.

What do you want to know? I'll tell you anything about me, including stuff you'll probably wish I hadn't told you.

:eek: Your website was quite sufficient, thank you... lol

Guest Anonymous

Originally posted by Mark G. Hinge

Location might be nice to see...

Originally posted by lucho_84

It would be nice for people to put atleast where they're at on this globe

I agree.

Originally posted by Mark G. Hinge

Real names are probably not so helpful or important, and actual

• Members

I'm not trying to sell anything, so I don't include any info.

I come here to give and take information. If I give an answer and people don't want to believe me (because they don't know me), then it's their loss.

If I did include my info, it would come back to hurt me long before it helped me. I let people use the Private Messaging or email if they need to contact me.

• Members

I really like it when somebody lists their location, or at least a general location. If you don't feel like listing your town, at least put something like "NW Nevada", "New England", "India", or whatever. It can really help others to get an idea of why you're saying what you're saying if they know a little about where you're at. Other than that, I don't really care. Sometimes it's nice to know someone's age, like when they say something really insightful about a certain topic, and you see that they're 58, it makes a lot of sense. Likewise, if they do that and you see that they're 14, it might give you more respect for them, or whatever. Then again, I don't think I listed my age, so maybe I don't know. I did list my location though, because I think it's a good idea.

Archived