Anyone else use truck liner for their speakers cabs?

Guest Anonymous

Originally posted by pktaskes

Would it kill the sound? Pretty common app? This guy used it (thats a big box):

No, it won't kill the sound, and in-fact my experience suggests it actually improves the sound (more sound out the front and less out the sides).

Yes, it's a common application; however, not all truck bed liner is the same. There's good stuff, and then there's absolute crap. Also, the preperation of the wood is real important. Real multi-part truck bed liner correctly applied with the right equipment on properly prepared and suitable wood makes for a very good, and durable finish. DIYS consumer grade TBL on bad wood done all wrong can just peel off like peeling wax offa cheese.

• Members

Originally posted by tlbonehead

...is the pic playing tricks on us or was that the first time the builder had ever run a sabre-saw? The vent cut looks really crooked.

Yep - looks curvy to me... and not in a good way, like a fine curvy woman... but rather in an imprecise, bad way - like a cut made w/scissors that should've been made w/a paper cutter! :eek::freak:

• Members

I did this once on a small handmade cab. Overall, it was expensive vs. tolex. The paint/coating ended up about $75 plus the 3 various special rollers I used (coating would eat foam!!)--so about a $100 invest. A truck bed lining company would have done it for me for $50. I should have let them do it. I didn't think it would take as much coating as it did and it would have been sprayed vs. rolled. It turned out OK, but not great.

Archived