Preamp For MESA 20/20 Stereo Amp......

ksl

• Members

Hiya.... if I wanted to make a stereo rig out of the 20/20 and a stereo cabinet I have, what kind of preamp or component would I require before the power amp to make this happen.... I have not intention of going for the compatible Mesa studio pre's which cost a small fortune.....
I'm not at all familiar with the 20/20, so i have no clue as how to do this, & do it economically. 
Many thanks~

• Members
11 hours ago, ksl said:

Hiya.... if I wanted to make a stereo rig out of the 20/20 and a stereo cabinet I have, what kind of preamp or component would I require before the power amp to make this happen.... I have not intention of going for the compatible Mesa studio pre's which cost a small fortune.....
I'm not at all familiar with the 20/20, so i have no clue as how to do this, & do it economically. 
Many thanks~

What you need is some sort of modeller.

The tube preamps that were originally intended to work with that amp are mostly long deprecated.  Think ADA MP-1 and similar.  Today’s equivalents are digital, and far more capable.

I would go straight to an Axe-Fx, Kemper or Helix.