Framus Custom Shop Diablo II Pro was a $11,000 mistake!!!

• Members

I recently had a guitar made by Framus “Custom Shop”, and it is a piece of $11,000.00 junk!!!
When I first received it, the neck was like a baseball bat and was hurting my fretting hand. I was never asked on the survey what neck profile or frets I wanted, so they simply built me what they wanted me to have. After contacting Framus management I was offered a new neck at a cost of over $1,600.00 which I agreed to. I just got the guitar back yesterday, and it will NOT stay in tune. This whole episode was a huge mistake! From my experience which was quite costly, I would advise anyone to stay away from Warwick/Framus and their products!

Framus.JPG

• Moderators

I'm sorry that you were dissatisfied with your custom ordered guitar...I beg to suggest that you should have been extremely specific in regards to specs for a custom order.  Particularly ordering from a foreign country.

Why Framus? Do you own other Warwick/Framus guitars?

As to custom ordered guitars, to get exactly what you want, most people would go to Fender, Gibson...I can see that...but even then, $11,000? :eek2:

For that kind of outlay, I would have expected to see some outrageous wood grain, an ebony fretboard with fancy inlay work....gold hardware....:idk:

• Like 1

• Members
On 3/4/2023 at 9:50 AM, daddymack said:

I'm sorry that you were dissatisfied with your custom ordered guitar...I beg to suggest that you should have been extremely specific in regards to specs for a custom order.  Particularly ordering from a foreign country.

Why Framus? Do you own other Warwick/Framus guitars?

As to custom ordered guitars, to get exactly what you want, most people would go to Fender, Gibson...I can see that...but even then, $11,000? :eek2:

For that kind of outlay, I would have expected to see some outrageous wood grain, an ebony fretboard with fancy inlay work....gold hardware....:idk:

Lesson learned. It was actually 9 and change, but then they charged me around $1500.00 to make a new neck for it. To tell you the truth, I saw a picture of it and it looked like a real shredder and I figured if I get what I want on it it will be awesome. It was to be a once in a lifetime dream guitar. It did not pan out that way. It has improved a lot with the new neck, but now it goes out of tune sometimes. I would not expect this at that price. Live and learn. Hopefully others will see this and buy that nice Fender or Jackson instead.

• Thanks 1

• Members
On 3/4/2023 at 12:45 AM, badpenguin said:

My friend, you got taken. Most expensive one I saw was a Framus Custom Shop Diablo II Pro Masterbuilt for about 7K USD.

Depends what it is made out of. This is all mahogony. It was actually 9 and change but then I paid an additional $1500+ to have a new neck made for it.

• Members

I have an old Framus 12 string electric from the original Bavarian company that mainly hangs on the wall these days.

I was quite proud of it when I was a younger man until I read an interview in one of the guitar magazines where the guitarist talked about his early days when he was poor and all he could afford was a crappy Framus.

So I was surprised when this new Framus company resurrected a brand name that didn't have a good reputation.