Somewhere Over The Rainbow, 1939

Rene Asologuitar

• Members
"Over the Rainbow" is a ballad by Harold Arlen with lyrics by Yip Harburg. It was written for the 1939 film The Wizard of Oz, in which it was sung by actress Judy Garland in her starring role as Dorothy Gale. It won the Academy Award for Best Original Song and became Garland's signature song.

Dedicated to my best friend, Sergio Nabatar Jr aka Joe-Jok, who I have not seen for a long time. This is his favorite song, playing with his ukulele.
Also, dedicated to all peoples looking for a hope and peace in this troubled world.

https://youtu.be/isdLr1wv4O0

• Like 1

• Moderators

:thu:Nicely done, interesting chord choices. I also cover this song [in D major], and understand the vocal challenges with trying to lean on the original melody [like the opening octave 'leap' Garland employed].

Rene, kaibigan, if you could, please, post future acoustic and vocal tracks in the VOM1T 2022 [soon to be superceded] thread in Acoustic Guitar forum.

• 1 year later...
  • Members

Absolutely one of the all-time best songs! It's like an instant mood-lifter, no matter what's going on or what the weather's like outside. I've already hunted down over the rainbow on the ukulele, and my plan is to belt it out for my family and friends at our Christmas dinner. Can't wait for the festive vibes and ukulele tunes to hit just right

Edited by alexiv