Help w/2000 Fender Pro Jr Tweed Combo

ksl

• Members

Greetings again,, I seem to have misplaced all my notes, but I need to tweak or replace both the Vol and Tone pots... I don't want to alter their 'range' as much as I need to fix the tape. The majority of the sweep on the VOLUME control lives between 1 and 3, & I want to more smoothly level out the gain between 0 & 10...

Similarly, the bulk of the high end on the Tone control lives between 8 & 10, and here again, I'd like a better & more gradual Tone sweep across the 0 to 10... My previous attempt at rectifying this led to both suggestions going from a Linear pot to an Audio, as well as to go from Audio to Linear on both pots, & perhaps to clip the Tone Cap....

So, now I'm confused as to what's in there now, & what to change to... I don't have the schematic & I'd finally like to tackle this. Kindly set this straight & rell me what & where to buy the necessary parts.

To replace the cheapo input jack, do I require a shunting type or what?

As some of you might already know us that these amps are near impossible to get inside of, & I have zippo experience with printed boards, so it's off to my guy I go...

Many thanks in advance 🕉🎶🎸

• Moderators

I have not had to deal with this exact situation. I have performed several mods and repairs on the 'big brother' Blues Junior [I own 2] and I suggest that this is not a task to be undertaken unless you are well versed in PCB mounted externals like the jack and pots. Your tech, as bp noted, should have the proper experience and knowledge to make these changes.

BTW, they are not 'near impossible to get into', you just have to understand they were designed to be built, not repaired, but if they can build it, it can be dismantled.

[If you want an amp that is almost impossible to work on, try some of the Crate tube amps...:facepalm: ]

• Members

Thnx guys,,, yeah, I've no experience whatsoever on pcb's & no desire.... I'll have my guy check it out, BUT my true inquiry relates to the tapers, or lack of, & the schematic seems to allude to the Tone pot being linear 'B'??  Volume pot is 'A' for audio....Screenshot_20220626-203708_Gallery.thumb.jpg.dcd07123ec35d049b4f7f339046036fb.jpg

• Members

Thnx guys,,, yeah, I've no experience whatsoever on pcb's & no desire.... I'll have my guy check it out, BUT my true inquiry relates to the tapers, or lack of, & the schematic seems to allude to the Tone pot being linear 'B'??  Volume pot is 'A' for audio....Screenshot_20220626-203708_Gallery.thumb.jpg.dcd07123ec35d049b4f7f339046036fb.jpg