What a let down

gardo

• Members
28 minutes ago, daddymack said:

none blacker...😉

and the black ukeleles, the black lapsteel, the brown lapsteel and the black electric violin aren't in that photo...and there are a couple guitars more now...I gave the mahogany SG away to MommaMack's cousin, and added a D'Angelico Premier DC [335] and a Danelectro 12 string [both black], an Applause [Ovation] acoustic-electric fretless short scale bass and a Martin a/e 12 string [not black... yet...].

What can I say? It became a 'thing' with me way back, and kind of snowballed...or coalballed...😁

The advantage is MommaMack just sees a 'black guitar'...and really doesn't know how many there are...:D

Good strategy. They all look the same  

I have trouble hiding the cases.

• Haha 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, gardo said:

Good strategy. They all look the same  

I have trouble hiding the cases.

side by side in two closets, in two different rooms [one for electrics, one for acoustics]...who bothers to count?:thu:

She knows there are a lot, and she knows I'm still acquiring, but exactly how many....?

and then there are all the amps, pedals...and PA gear...😎

• Haha 1

• Members

Most of my guitars are stored on a rack inside a big cabinet so most of the cases are empty. I don’t have a special case for each one ,some share cases. She’s used to seeing a certain number of “empty” cases around the house. This my inventory overflow system.

Last year I dragged home a spinet size Hammond organ. There was no hiding that one. I love the sound but really can’t play it very well. 
The organ does have tone wheels but the amplifier is transistor so it’s the least desirable tone wheel organ. It does however have a small Leslie unit . The organ has some issues so the future plan is to harvest the Leslie and put it in some type of cabinet for guitar use. 

• Moderators
4 hours ago, gardo said:

Most of my guitars are stored on a rack inside a big cabinet so most of the cases are empty. I don’t have a special case for each one ,some share cases. She’s used to seeing a certain number of “empty” cases around the house. This my inventory overflow system.

Last year I dragged home a spinet size Hammond organ. There was no hiding that one. I love the sound but really can’t play it very well. 
The organ does have tone wheels but the amplifier is transistor so it’s the least desirable tone wheel organ. It does however have a small Leslie unit . The organ has some issues so the future plan is to harvest the Leslie and put it in some type of cabinet for guitar use

funny...many years ago I bought a Thomas two tier with the foot bass pedals and a built in Leslie. The idea was to tear it apart, and reuse the foot pedals and Leslie separately as 'stand alone's.  Nine years later, I wound up selling it intact [for 3x more than I paid, but I had done some much needed repair, including re-capping the Leslie's amp]. But after examining it all during the 'fixing', I deemed the split as more trouble than it was worth. There are plenty of Leslie sims and knockoffs out there nowadays....the best thing was I learned how to fix Leslies...and did that for our keyboard player many times [Fender Vibratone, 122, 147] as well as co-designing a custom road case [initially for Counting Crows keyboardist Charlie Gillingham] that incorporated mic holders and wiring so the Leslie never had to leave the case 'tray'.

With the exception of the Applause fretless bass, all my guitars have hard cases. Apparently no one at Ovation/Kaman thought there was a need since it was such a limited appeal instrument. I have designed a case, but as I acquired it as I was preparing to move, the design is still waiting for me to set up my workshop. The curved back presented so many issues I opted to 'suspend' it with 3 slings. For now it is in a soft case that came with another guitar I bought, but the headstock sticks out the top. Since the fretless does not go on gigs, it isn't a big deal...except for our tendency here to have occasional earthquakes above 6 on the Richter scale....

• Like 1