Acoustic guitar into guitar amp

DeepEnd

• Members

Lately I've been playing electric in praise band but this Sunday we're playing "I'll Fly Away," among others, and an acoustic seems more appropriate. Unfortunately, there's only one DI and it's spoken for, and I don't own an acoustic amp. My Roland Cube 80XL has various amp emulations but nothing for acoustic guitar, although there's a nice, clean Jazz Chorus model. OTOH, I have an SWR LA12 bass amp. I'll have to mic the amp in either case. I'm not going to be playing for tone snobs but I don't want it to sound like crap either. Looking for suggestions. Thanks.

• Members
On 9/2/2021 at 9:55 AM, 1001gear said:

Use an electric with an acoustic sim pedal. . . .

Now that you mention it, my Roland has acoustic simulation built in. I've never used it but if the goal is something that sounds more-or-less acoustic it might be worth a try.

On 9/2/2021 at 3:47 PM, Mikeo said:

Your cheapest way out might be a good old fashion passive DI box. They still make them. . . .

Unfortunately, as I mentioned, there isn't a DI or an extra channel available.

Anyway, it turns out to be moot for now. We can't play the song because of copyright issues. According to the powers that be, since we're streaming services, we have to be extra anal about copyright.

• Members
10 hours ago, DeepEnd said:

Now that you mention it, my Roland has acoustic simulation built in. I've never used it but if the goal is something that sounds more-or-less acoustic it might be worth a try.

Unfortunately, as I mentioned, there isn't a DI or an extra channel available.

Anyway, it turns out to be moot for now. We can't play the song because of copyright issues. According to the powers that be, since we're streaming services, we have to be extra anal about copyright.

The famous DreamWay Lodge has a no copywrite infringement thing. I have played only originals there.

fea-dining-35.jpg

12596fc3b812f9751728ee76ebe20baa.jpg

Nice mug shot

iE5FArQ.jpg