aux outputs for monitors on mixwizard 16:2

• Members

What you are asking is really important... but understanding the answer to your question is more important than getting the answer to your question.

The answer though is probably "well, it depends". You can turn it up at either location though of course.

• Members

A few years ago, I subcontracted a local (well respected) regional sound tech to cover the beginning of a festival (first two acts) for me (as sound provider) as I had a previously booked gig with my trio. I used my newly acquired Mixwiz as a foh desk with three mon mixes off of the same board.

Upon my return, the Aux pots on the right were turned all the way to the right (at maximum) and the individual channel aux pots were set to taste.

The mix was great, both foh and mons. I have not touched the aux pots (on the right side of the board) since that date and mix with them "wide open".

I have not noticed any ill effects of using the aux's this way.

Mike M

• Members

Running the masters at full is great until someone says "my mix is perfect, just turn it up a little bit". The options are:

Pretend to turn the master up and hope s/he buys it.

Turn up every channel that's in that mix, and deal with the person asking for multiple changes for the rest of the night.

• Members

Running the masters at full is great until someone says "my mix is perfect, just turn it up a little bit". The options are:

Pretend to turn the master up and hope s/he buys it.

Turn up every channel that's in that mix, and deal with the person asking for multiple changes for the rest of the night.

Or... mess up your gain structure and S/N by trying to add gain after the board. It could also mean a walk to the monitor rack.

FWIW, I keep mine just around three o'clock.

Archived