• Members

I miss Al's speaker reviews :( .
Anyways I'm "upgrading" my super small and loud PA to these QSC K8.2 clones. 2KW peak, 1KW RMS bi-amp'd 8" speakers.

I had been using Behringer B108D's and B208D's (anyone know why they still make both?) but I have 4 that need service - I suspect the quick disconnects to the drivers have loosened and cause noise at high volume. I just soldered those in one of my $50/pr studio monitors that were doin the same (Sterling MX3).

Right now the system has two Behringer B108D (former mains as the B208D are down) for the drummer's "Texas headphones" / backfill monitors for the rest of the band, two RCF 310's for mains (temporarily replacing the two B108D used for indoor gigs, the RCF used to be only for outdoors), A single Behringer B1200D-PRO sub, and a Yamaha MG12XUK mixer. I normally play bass ampless indoors with this but use an amp outdoors (Town common type gigs). Guitarists run un-miked amps and one also plays keys through his amp (Hotrod Deluxe that I just re-tubed and biased).
I rarely do sound for others these days, I'm in six bands (two doing originals and recording albums) so just a bit busy LOL. Only one band has been gigging over last year but the horn band just restarted and has a county fair type gig next month (sound supplied by them :) ).

Anyways, who's still about and breathin'? :)

• Members

Looking forward to your review. I agree, where is Al? Should you try them as monitor wedges, even just for testing, let us know your thoughts? Around 20 pounds and 129 db output seems like a nice product.  Went out with a bunch setup under a tent last week. First time in 1 1/2 years.  The crowd stayed outside until later when the beer garden "effect" hit. Around 300 in attendance counting the beer garden. Town supplied the outside fills.  Was a fun show. Everyone was just on DI's with a few peddles for this and that. Some on IEM's and 2 on floor wedges. Bass player was straight into a $20 DI pedal and he was happy with just listening to the front so I didn't even work on his IEM mix. Keep us posted on your new mains! 

20210715_193456.jpg

20210715_193505.jpg

20210715_193708.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • Members

I use the older Alto T212 for wedges for past 2 years they've been solid as a rock work horses for me. From hard core metal to bluegrass they getter done.  I like the lite weight of them. Do they compare to my EV's and RCF FOH ?  no , but when slicing out FB with a 31 band nobody ever complained about how they sound because they able to hear themselves is all that matters. 

• Like 2

• Members
On 12/9/2021 at 6:08 PM, twostone said:

I use the older Alto T212 for wedges for past 2 years they've been solid as a rock work horses for me. From hard core metal to bluegrass they getter done.  I like the lite weight of them. Do they compare to my EV's and RCF FOH ?  no , but when slicing out FB with a 31 band nobody ever complained about how they sound because they able to hear themselves is all that matters. 

T-S-212? 

• 5 months later...
  • Members

I bought another pair to replace the RCF310's (weight is becoming important to me) and they sound as good to me (the RCF's sound amazing). So now two as backfill/monitors and two as mains. I just ordered the matching sub (TS212S) to replace the Behringer one. I hope to be able to play bass ampless outside with that as I now do indoors. Probably run both outdoors until I feel I need (or just want LOL) two of the TS212S :).

Edited by RoadRanger