New from EV . . . WOW!

• Members
For smaller, lower powered speakers, the benefits of class D ar not as great while the cost changes little. There's a crossover point where class AB to class D makes sense.

In the case of the PR's the PR10 can take the same power as the PR12 and PR15. I think it was just that the PR10P wasn't selling well enough to bother with. Maybe the new low cost 8" actives coming out will open up the market to more small active mains :).

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My guess is that Peavey's engineers decided that a different power level was more appropriate. After all they are only a 200 watt continuous box with a 30 watt or less HF driver. HPF is going to be much higher on the 10 too. The 12 and 15 are likely to be more tolerant of higher short term mechanical power levels than the 10" version also.

• Members

Need monitors at about $400 ea. These seem nice, I've heard some EVs live and they are always really clear.

I'd say if you're HPFing them at the typical 100hz they'd be great monitors as long as you stage volume isn't stoopid loud :). You'd probably want the version with the 100 x 100 degree horn.

EDIT> Just saw they have a built-in switchable 100hz HPF - is that awesome for monitor duty or what :love:?

• Members

Are the ZxA1's available in stores yet? They were just announced at last months' NAMM.

The ZXA1's are now shipping.

Regarding use as a monitor, with the rotatable horn, the 90 x 50 degree would be the more appropiate model for use. Less potential bounce off of the ceiling. IMHO.

Archived