QSC K10 floor monitors

• Members

interesting... I've been deciding to get a pair of K12 or 512 for Monitors as well... Look sliek the PRX gets most of the vote... is there anything to the gating issues I keep hearing about with them or is it really isolated to just a few units?

I'd take a 512 over a K12 any day. The gating is totally unnoticeable in a gig environment.

• Members
Angling many bass cabs upward for rehearsal is a pretty well established technology. Some of us manufacturers have been incorporating this feature for years
;)

I was just giving a dumb answer. We played a place this past weekend, house PA, and my bass was loud enough through the FOH subs that I just used that as a monitor.

• Members

interesting... I've been deciding to get a pair of K12 or 512 for Monitors as well... Look sliek the PRX gets most of the vote... is there anything to the gating issues I keep hearing about with them or is it really isolated to just a few units?

We have been using 512s for about 5 years. We did have one fail but it was a warrantee repair and we have an authorized shop close by. It was only gone for 2 days. We drive the hell out of them and other then that one problem (it was not user error, it was a faulty part) they have been rock solid. I have heard of issues with newer units but I have no way to corroborate those claims. I would buy another pair in a heartbeat.

We just used my system for a play in a grade school gym. We used a db meter to see what we could get out of the system and we were in the 97 to 98 db range at FOH which was 70

• Members

I was initially pretty hung up on the gating issues - The result of a few weeks alone with my speakers in a quiet environment (That sounds wrong:eek:)

With a very low program signal - right at the "gate" threshold, you can hear the speaker pump and breath a bit. At band practice, while chatting in between songs, I'll hear the speaker hiss rise an fall as the "gate" is opened when someone speaks into the mic. In this environment, it's a little distracting. The plus side is, when the speakers are cranked, and there's no input signal, they're DEAD quiet.

In a typical gig environment, this phenomenon doesn't seem to be an issue. For a quiet act in a quiet environment, or for speech, it MIGHT be an issue.

I'll be running the PRXs with pre-recorded music for a relatively quiet dinner party in a few weeks - I'll report any interesting findings.

• Members
Because, ankles don't hear very well?

There are plenty of kickback bass amps and stands can be used for those that don't. I have one of the original Tech21 Landmark 60's with a single 10 that works fine for reasonable volume levels :).

• Members
So, you did have a chance to hear the Titans... Cool...
:thu:
But haven't heard the Flash12a, so can't compare with a PRX512, correct?

No but I have heard other Proel speaker products and they are, IMO, very average performers.

• Members

Jerry, you will like the way the PRXs sound with pre-recorded music. I finally hooked my iPod up to them and now am on the hunt to get a smaller mixer to leave them set up for listening to music at home.

• Members

... we do to some degree, don't we?!?

Honestly, I don't...

To me, JRX's are garbage.

MRX's are good, but I was never impressed by the 2x15's or 2x18's for what they are and their size.

SRX712 is unbeatable in that price point IMO. Love everything about it, size, weight and sound.

I like the SRX718 a lot, but don't love the 728 (would rather have 2 718's)

PRX512 sounds great, better than K12's or HPR122's IMO.

Always underwhelmed by the PRX518.

VRX 1x12's are REALLY good. Never heard the subs.

Well, you get the point...

• Members
We could all judge JBL's products by the JRX boxes then...

No, I am judging them by the various speakers I have heard in the same product catagory (price point). Very average, reasonable value for the price.

Why are you arguing this?

• Members
Not arguing, just throwing some logic at a healthy discussion... You and others here seem to get unusually upset whenever somebody has a "not so good" comment about anything JBL. Go figure...

Doesn't come off that way.

Archived