Coronavirus and Vocalists Thread

elsongs

• Members

Guess it's time to start talking about this. Since COVID-19 is a respiratory illness and as singers, we're heavily dependent on the health of our lungs, this is of great concern. Though most of us won't develop serious forms of the disease, it would likely sideline a singer for a while. What steps are we taking? Self-Quarantine? BYO microphones? Foam mic covers? 

• Moderators

if you are that concerned, stay home...:wave:

I always bring my own mic and I've always carried foam 'windscreens', particularly when I host jams...it is much easier to wash than to try to disinfect the metal screen on an SM58...and getting rid of the smell of rancid beer and god knows what else....

• Members

Main problem is that once confirmed cases appear in town, gigs will be canceled... Even if they were not, audience would be much smaller.

But if you do have a gig, I am not sure there is much you can do, closed space, tons of people talking, coughing sneezing all around you... The mic will be the least of your concerns 😛 , though of course, COVID or not, its always better to use your own mic and to not lend it.

I have one tomorrow and I am a bit worried tbh... Hazmat suit? :D

Archived