Case Question

• Members

We're just flogging away on the endless piles of to-do's.

You know the old saying: "One thing about being self employed is you can work all the hours you want, so-long as it's all the time."
:facepalm:

Regardless of our dithering about during this 3-day weekend, we can't ship anything out till Tuesday, June 1st. due to the fact that the parcel carriers aren't doing their thing till then.

Me too.

• Members

Agreed. It's much easier to carry 2 smaller racks than 1 giant SOB.

Unless you're set up to handle the giant SOB at all points, then there's efficency in scale. Think loading docks, 18 wheelers, fork trucks, lots of roadies. I don't think my dad's swather would fit in your living room... like your mower does, but we'll see who can mow 600 acres faster.

• Members

Unless you're set up to handle the giant SOB at all points, then there's efficency in scale. Think loading docks, 18 wheelers, fork trucks, lots of roadies. I don't think my dad's swather would fit in your living room... like your mower does, but we'll see who can mow 600 acres faster.

You crack me up. :facepalm:

• Members

You crack me up.
:facepalm:

+1

The economy and efficiency of scale both come into play. From an engineering standpoint, portability is all in the eye of the beholder. Given the proper equipment, enough horsepower, brute force (and ignorance), everything can be moved. ;)

• Members

The one place that larger racks help is with internal wiring that only needs to be done once. My mixer case has only two wires that go to the amp stack. The DRPA is with the amps. I really would like them to be in one case with wheels if I could only get the weight below 125 lbs.

• Members

+Given the proper equipment, enough horsepower, brute force (and ignorance), everything can be moved.
;)

I believe man invented the wheel, the incline plane, the internal combustion engine, hydraulics, etc...

I make no apologizes for using them all to my full advantage whenever suitable... because I'm fundementally monumentally lazy with great aspirations. And I make no apologizes for working toward the diminished point of return in scaling up based on the tools I have at my disposal... or could have at my disposal if need be (when it's cost effective).

But... but, but, BUT: I've long since abandoned any aspirations to scale-up without all the supporting details in place. And, I've learned well that the devil is in the details.

• Members

...And, I've learned well that the devil is in the details.

So true.

I've been working on a plan to expand my system even further. I make full use of available material handling equipment. I'm working out the "supporting details" to primarily reduce my effort involved, while not adding too much additional labor.

Archived