Mixwiz repair

• Members

A couple months ago I accidentally dropped the mixwiz from it's case at a gig. It's in an Anvil style (non-rack mount) and the latches weren't secure and the board took a tumble and broke 4 knobs. I got the parts and fixed it tonite!

Attached are some pics of the project. All the channels still functioned when it was damaged, this repair was simple in terms of replacing only a few pots. But each channel strip has to be freed by removing the 2 small copper wires and a boat load of retaining nuts. I replaced all 4 and tested. ch 3 gain pot didn't do anything, I messed up and put too much solder which effectively bypassed the gain pot. Back apart it went...

But at least it wasn't channels 8 thru 11 or something harder to get to. And it doesn't take much solder at all to redo the joints, just a very small amount. Anyway it's done, tested and back in it's case. FWIW if I had the money I'd just buy another road ready but cash is tight right now.

p

• Members

there sure is a lot more stuff in that mixwiz than is inside my mackie 1604, speaking of which is is about due for its once a year complete strip and reseat of the blasted ribbons :(

i have yet to have an issue with my mixwiz.

• Members

The concept of individual boards makes sense, want a 24channel mixer instead? Beef up the PS and add 8 channels. I wish this board had a few more channels but it's great for a lot of gigs.

The Mackie is like this too, but in groups of 8 channels horizontally. This is exactly how the 24.4 turns into a 32.4

• Members

The 24.4 is 2 large circuit boards and the 32.4 adds an 8 channel inbetween the 12 channel (1-12) section and the 8+4+master section. If anyone has the master section for sale I'd interested in buying one... but it has to work.

• Members

The 24.4 is 2 large circuit boards and the 32.4 adds an 8 channel inbetween the 12 channel (1-12) section and the 8+4+master section. If anyone has the master section for sale I'd interested in buying one... but it has to work.

want some hens teeth with that? :D :D

• Members

ham radio call sign would be my guess.

or the launch codes for Global Thermal Nuclear War.

..........*WOULD YOU LIKE TO PLAY A GAME?*..........

Perhaps Tic Tac Toe! LOLS

One of my favorite movie quotes of all time from that movie "Id piss on a spark plug if it would do any good" !

Archived