guitarville

budget bass amp needed for home practice

Pick one: 

Fender Rumble 25

Ampeg BA 108

Acoustic B30

When I got my cheesy bass practice amp, a (GC) Acoustic B20,  I was glad I got one with a 12" speaker.  My advice: get the most watts and biggest speaker you can afford. 

Without knowing where you live, it's hard to recommend anything more specific. "Buy online" most likely means NEW, which is unfortunate because they're bargains to be had in used bass combos. 

Is there something like CraigsList where you are? Pawn shops? There are plenty of cheap used Peavey and Crate amps available. I found my SWR LA12 (60 Watts 1X12) bass amp on CraigsList. It was $80 with only some scuffing of the "rat fur" and serves my humble needs just fine. I only use it as a practice amp anyway.

OK, went to the pawnshop today.

Bought an old Vox Pathfinder Bass 10 amp for about 25 USD

Got this bass there also a while back for about 60 USD

all set now  Yippy!

516913338_bassamptop.thumb.JPG.62b51a58f0c8fe4096a512cc8bf7b894.JPG1963967790_bassampwguitar.thumb.JPG.c76fa9f5e1d5ed5ddb764f9004ef66c8.JPG638279175_bassspeaker.thumb.JPG.deb8082586c292eb10c8d7719d98ec09.JPG

• Like 1

Congratulations. Happy New Amp Day. 👍 I've never owned one but those are supposed to be nice little amps. Use yours in good health.

3 hours ago, DeepEnd said:

Congratulations. Happy New Amp Day. 👍 I've never owned one but those are supposed to be nice little amps. Use yours in good health.

Thanks DeepEnd.