Why are Gibson guitars so expensive?

• Members

AlamoJoe... or just put the tuners on if you want. Notwithstanding what I typed based on my left brain...for me personally, that's what I'd do .... heck, the first thing I did with ALL my Les Pauls was add Bigsbys to them. And come to think of it, tuners on some of them. I've known every step of the way that I was not only uglifying the guitars in the eyes of purists... but also instantly voiding my warranty (whatever it was in the 70s).

A warranty is perhaps a valued thing for many. On a guitar... my guitars.... I'm picky and just have to have everything the way I want. Life is short. Personally.... I pass on the warranty.

But I do read them.... and understand them. Everyone should at least make an informed decision

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And if you ask Gibson/Epiphone about changing the tuners, get it in writing.

Man, I can't see any company anywhere sending out a letter like that. In Gibson's case, it would essentially be a letter okaying a void to point 1 (or maybe it was point 2) of their worldwide, written warranty. For one guy no less. That's not a letter I'd ever expect to see in my mailbox in any way shape or form.

Archived