First gig with the New RCF's

• Members

I actually have (4) ELX112P's. Just two weeks ago we were using them as our mains. Now that I have the RCF's we are using them as monitors. What does that tell you.

Not much except the 315s a class /size/price above the 12+1 elx112. Also 15s make better maiins than mons

• Members

Still trying to grasp this concept of how a 350 watt speaker is louder puts out more sound than a CLAIMED 1000 watt speaker. I understand that is has to do with efficiency and yadda, yadda, yadda.

I guess you do not understand about efficiency, because that would be the easy answer. And as Andy mentioned, I don't think you are understanding normalizing the drive to both systems so that you truly are comparing apples to apples.

So if the amps can truly "deliver" the power you are representing they do (measured in the same way ... which we also have not established) there is about 4.5 dB of difference in potential power. If the combination of the difference in drive level and/or efficiency is bigger then there is your answer. Also it is becoming more common that the processing inside the speaker systems will not let the amplifier "deliver" its full power.

• Members

Not much except the 315s a class /size/price above the 12+1 elx112. Also 15s make better maiins than mons

The RCFs are currently less expensive than the Live-X cabs. As for the mains/monitors comment, in this case it doesn't make any difference since the 12" and 15" have almost identical low frequency response since the same cabinet was used for both.

Al

Archived