I bought a Gibson J45

Gary Blanchard

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I wouldn't. I do compare it to some Martins and Guilds I have tried, and like it a whole lot better. I say that simply as a reflection of my own tastes, and not as a slam against other guitars.

All different primates in there own way.

Enjoy the J45. I like mine, and it has been with me since 1994.

• Members

All different primates in there own way.

I agree. In the 60's, when I started playing, Martin, Guild, and Gibson were the guitars I longed for. In the past couple of years I have looked at these in a more serious manner and found that neither Martin nor Guild hit my sweet spot. I wasn't about to spend serious money on a guitar that didn't speak to me. Happily, the J45 had just the right sound and feel. Of course, I could have saved money if it didn't have that effect.

• Members

I agree. In the 60's, when I started playing, Martin, Guild, and Gibson were the guitars I longed for. In the past couple of years I have looked at these in a more serious manner and found that neither Martin nor Guild hit my sweet spot. I wasn't about to spend serious money on a guitar that didn't speak to me. Happily, the J45 had just the right sound and feel. Of course, I could have saved money if it didn't have that effect.

I hear ya there.

If you get a chance demo a Fishman Spectra DI for your new guitar, and see if it's the next missing link in your live sound. I tend to set it and forget it, and blend to taste. I wasn't so happy with it with the blend at 100% up, when recording. Live it's incredible or all that and a bag of chips.

I like Martin guitars to and own a few.

• Members

I hear ya there.

If you get a chance demo a Fishman Spectra DI for your new guitar, and see if it's the next missing link in your live sound. I tend to set it and forget it, and blend to taste. I wasn't so happy with it with the blend at 100% up, when recording. Live it's incredible or all that and a bag of chips.

I like Martin guitars to and own a few.

I just noticed you are in North Adams. The wife and I go up there to visit now and again. It seems to be a neat town to visit; I imagine, like anywhere else, living there is a different thing. We loved West Brookfield when we first moved here, but, ten years later it isn't as exciting. :rolleyes:

Archived