I love everything about the Les Paul Junior except the body shape... and I only want to spend $200

ltgunkel

• Members

Yes, I actually played a used P90'd Ascari at a local GC a while back, but, apparently I'm the early stages of alzheimers or something and only recalled my test drive of a P90'd Ascari when joy-z mentioned the word "Ascari."

In any case, I do NOW recall my test drive of the Ascari clearly. It was a very well built instrument -- sleek and smooth. The P90s are modern (sligtly overwound) and sound just like a P90 should sound -- stout and gritty midrange when overdriving an amp with a smooth top-end and complex midrange when playing clean. By the way, the Ascari has a 24.75 inch scale.

That same week when I test drove that P90'd Ascari there was yet another identical used P90'd Ascari at another nearby GC. They were all selling *used* for $299. I recall seeing the Ascari GT90 being blown out by Musicians Friend a couple of times last year as well, at a price of $299, I believe.

Actually, at the time, I was more interested in a triple-humbucker'd Ascari. I played a nice used black double-humbucker Ascari and liked it, but I was and still am more interested in finally owning a 3-HB geetar. The 3-HB SG Customs with fat and tonefull necks that I've played were all absolutely great, except the price has always been outrageous. A triple-humbucker'd Ascari would likely do the job.

I like that G&L a lot! Can't believe it's in that price range.

It's a Tribute Series model, which is made in Indonesia with a US$499 or $549 street retail price. If it were a US made G&L, it wound be $1400+.

Archived