Recommendations regarding volume

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Not torching the guy but I am sure there is more behind this story.

We are all musicians here, anyone is gonna tell me that a band mate got mad, ran off on a gig, ditched the guy, stole my gear, and I am just cutting my losses and am glad that now, at least I don't have to play with him anymore? Anyone!?

I am just being honest, in my whole 40 years of live, gigging since 17, this is a first! If anyone stole my gear, and I pretty much knew who they are, they would wake up with the police in their house either to arrest them, or me for beating the crap out of them!

This whole thread looks to me likes it's a story that isn't been told right, or at least not complete, so excuse me for being honest.

If this whole thing really is happening as the op is describing it, he must be the single nicest person in the world, I wish I knew him personally so the cynic in me could have a counterpart! I apologize for being so harsh.

Rod

• Members

Rod--I've read several of your posts' over the years and I've never seen you torch someone like that. Appears to me that the OP is making the best of a truly F*****-up situation. Very uncalled for.

Maybe so, but I completely understand his reasoning here.

I have been told (albeit in a considerate manner) that I need to "grow a pair", and I'm totally accepting it.

I'm so uncomfortable with the focus on my personal situation and my personal band drama.

I would so like this thread to fade into obscurity so I can come here asking for advice, the main focus on putting together a kick-ass PA without revealing what a {censored} I am.

Again, much thanks so all for advice and support, including that of Mr. Rodclement.

:)

• Members

Maybe so, but I completely understand his reasoning here.

I have been told (albeit in a considerate manner) that I need to "grow a pair", and I'm totally accepting it.

I'm so uncomfortable with the focus on my personal situation and my personal band drama.

I would so like this thread to fade into obscurity so I can come here asking for advice, the main focus on putting together a kick-ass PA without revealing what a {censored} I am.

Again, much thanks so all for advice and support, including that of Mr. Rodclement.

Rod-------I apologize, I stand corrected.

• Members

So will you make the leap to a digital board to go with the active speakers? IEMs so there are no monitors to schlep? Mark C.

My heart is still stuck on power amps and passive speakers. I have another QSC GX5 from a bass rack rig I don't use anymore, and a JBL MRX 518S sub doing nothing, so I'm thinking matching JBL tops.

IEMs are still beyond those whom I'm figuring I'll be working with, and I don't think I'm quite ready or willing, myself.

The mixer and processing is where I'm focused, wanting something that can maybe eliminate weight and separate pieces, but I'm still not sure.

All this new stuff coming out, I'm waiting to see what's available. :)

• Members

My heart is still stuck on power amps and passive speakers. I have another QSC GX5 from a bass rack rig I don't use anymore, and a JBL MRX 518S sub doing nothing, so I'm thinking matching JBL tops.

IEMs are still beyond those whom I'm figuring I'll be working with, and I don't think I'm quite ready or willing, myself.

The mixer and processing is where I'm focused, wanting something that can maybe eliminate weight and separate pieces, but I'm still not sure.

All this new stuff coming out, I'm waiting to see what's available.

What style of music do you play? what size of crowd and a budget ?

• Members

NO worries brother. I'd be stoked to get some insurance money to put towards a new rig.

I suggest StudioLive 16.4.2

whatever JBL speakers you want

Maybe switch to all QSC amps

Mics stands blah blah.

Come out of it with a great setup, those guys will be green with envy. NEVER leave the trailer anywhere though.

• Members

If you actually find out what happened to the equipment, I'd like an update. And If I were purchasing a new mixing board today and had the $3500, the Personous live board sure looks nice with a ton of useful features stuffed in. But being that I'm not, I'll just keep on with my MixWiz. Good luck.

Archived