So I had dental surgery today… (music related)

Ernest Buckley

• Members

So I had surgery this morning for a molar implant… I get to the office and after filling out the (scary) disclosure and signing it, the male nurse asks me what time of music I would listen to. I first tell him Rush but then I say, "Lets listen to Beethoven, it was his birthday yesterday." The nurse says, "Really? No one ever wants Beethoven." Kind of sad…

Anyway, about 3 minutes into the implant… the dentist says, "Who wanted this music?" The nurse responds, "Mr. Buckley".

"Interesting choice Mr. Buckley. Usually everyone wants Kanye West or some other hip hop." the doctor remarks.

Then for the next 2 minutes the doctor and two nurses start this conversation about how Beethoven.

I couldn`t talk with them but I started to think… if people actually listened to this stuff (meaning classical music… Beethoven, Mozart, Brahms, etc… ) they would probably like it a lot.

Anyway, I did my duty for the day. Gotta spread the good news of good music.

EB

• Members

When I got married I chose the adagio from Mozart's clarinet concerto as the accompaniment

The registrar was quite shocked and pleasantly surprised. She said people usually chose The Power of Love by Jennifer Rush, or some other such syrupy nonsense :)

• CMS Author

I had cataract surgery a couple of weeks ago. They didn't ask me what kind of music I'd like to hear, and they didn't play any. I probably would have asked for the Dave Grisman Quintet and they would have said "How about Adele?"

Oh, and forum-related: I used to be able to take off my glasses and get an IC up really close to my eye to read the part number. Now I need a magnifying glass, and one pair of glasses to read the newspaper, another to read a book or magazine in bed or on the dining room table, another to do general things around the house, and sunglasses to drive or take a walk during the day.

• Members
I'd rather have dental surgury than listen to Coldplay or Nickelback. I suppose I could take John Mayer if I was having a small cist removed.

LOL! You and me both on the former. (I probably need a little, anyhow, probably a good tradeoff. I wonder if I could work out a deal with a dentist: If you promise to not play Coldplay or Nickelback, you can take out that for free. Today only, doc, better get it while you can.) On the John Mayer, his guitar playing is proficient enough but he can't seem to open his mouth without Auto-Tune coming out of it.

Archived