Any decent vocalists out there?

Mark L

• Members

Many, many moons ago I wrote a soppy love song, and I think the time is now right to breathe some life into it

However, I don't have the gonads or life-experience to justify singing this song, so I was wondering if there were any good singers out there in SSS land who wanted to have a go

At the following link you'll find a backing track. Accompanying it is a 'guide vocal' in the form of a synthesised flute: http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13269423

And at the next link is the backing track sans 'vocal'. Both versions are freely downloadable and are 320 kbps MP3s: http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13269424

I'd really love to hear this song sung by someone who knows what they're doing. So if you think you can do it, go for it!

Here are the words. A tad cheesy, but then I was quite young when I wrote them:

LOVE ME

Help me. Help me try to understand

Help me while you hold my hand

And I will try to give to you a love I know, I know is true

A love I know, I know is true

Help me, help me

Hear me. Hear me whisper in your ear

All the things you want to hear

Many days will be like this. Upon my lips that tender kiss

Upon my lips your tender kiss

Hear me, hear me

I love you so, you mustn't go

I couldn't stand it if you went away

Sleepless nights would rule my life

You're the light that brightens up my day

Love me, love me

Touch me. Touch me more, don't touch me less

Touch me with that sweet caress

I've said that I am part of you

I'd live, I'd love, I'd die for you

And many times I've cried for you

Touch me, touch me

I love you so, you mustn't go

I couldn't stand it if you went away

Sleepless nights would rule my life

You're the light that brightens up my day

Love me, love me

Love me, love me

• Members
I think you should attempt to sing it so we have an idea of phrasing and such. Since you think your voice sucks, you have nothing to lose. smile.png

That's why I did a version with a 'guide vocal', albeit using a not-entirely-convincing flute sound

The idea is to listen to the 'vocal', absorb it, and then record your own vocal to the unsullied backing track

I do actually have a version of the song which I recorded on an antediluvian Teczon 4-track. Noah himself is on bass! But it's so horrendous that I daren't post it

• Members

If you want to breathe new life into the song, get with a vocalist and develop the melody to the singers voice. I can see a vocalist feeling restricted by the keyboard/flute melody and a singer worth their salt will take it up a notch.

• Members
If you want to breathe new life into the song, get with a vocalist and develop the melody to the singers voice. I can see a vocalist feeling restricted by the keyboard/flute melody and a singer worth their salt will take it up a notch.

I suppose you're right

• Members

It's very pretty Mark. Nice chord progression. Didn't know you did this kind of stuff. I agree that the singer should have some leeway with the melody though. Might be kind of hard to fit all the lyrics exactly to your guide flute melody. I don't know, I'm not a singer but most of the ones I've worked with like to experiment a little with different takes and stuff.

You have a great voice for rock. Have you tried to sing soft and mellow?

• Members
It's very pretty Mark. Nice chord progression. Didn't know you did this kind of stuff. I agree that the singer should have some leeway with the melody though. Might be kind of hard to fit all the lyrics exactly to your guide flute melody. I don't know, I'm not a singer but most of the ones I've worked with like to experiment a little with different takes and stuff.

You have a great voice for rock. Have you tried to sing soft and mellow?

I've tried. It hasn't always worked, though ;)

Archived