Help me design a cabinet and choose some speakers

Freeman Keller

• Members

all i can say, i have a tweed deluxe/champ switchable clone and i love the vintage 30 in it, and hated my model of jensen speaker.

but we definitely are after different sounds, yes i like the blues tone and so, but i also like it more heavy rock (think of neil young) and i love fuzz and for this the vintage 30 works perfect

its a tough call 1x12 or 2x10, its all about what you are after, i wouldn't do 1x10, because of volume and beaf for me in band setting. currently i play the tweed amp in stereo with a laney lc15r with 1x10. the laney alone is not enough, the laney into a 2x12 cabinet is again a complete different story :)

i cannot help with the 2x10 cause i lack of experience... but it also sounds like a great option :)

• Members
all i can say, i have a tweed deluxe/champ switchable clone and i love the vintage 30 in it, and hated my model of jensen speaker.

but we definitely are after different sounds, yes i like the blues tone and so, but i also like it more heavy rock (think of neil young) and i love fuzz and for this the vintage 30 works perfect

its a tough call 1x12 or 2x10, its all about what you are after, i wouldn't do 1x10, because of volume and beaf for me in band setting. currently i play the tweed amp in stereo with a laney lc15r with 1x10. the laney alone is not enough, the laney into a 2x12 cabinet is again a complete different story :)

i cannot help with the 2x10 cause i lack of experience... but it also sounds like a great option :)

+1

I have a 2x12 combo with v30s in it. Crunchy tones are definitely their strong suit. Cleans can be kind of bland, or flat sounding depending on the amp. They are great speakers but i suspect they may not be freeman's cup-o-tea. I think one of webers vintage american style speakers would suit him much better.

Archived