Give your mix a McMaster at this online website.

rasputin1963

• Members

I tried the free version (or trial or whatever). I think for a lot of folks who have little clue what they're doing, it could probably be of assistance. It wasn't horrible and you have a couple of decision points for 'guidance' of the 'bot algos, as I recall. (The version I used outputs a lower bitrate mp3 -- a 160 if I recall.) I've certainly created worse-sounding stuff by tinkering (though I didn't keep any of them ;) ).

I can't imagine it satisfying a real professional -- but there might be professional applications where it would make decent sense, maybe trying to bring a wide variety of disparate tracks to some kind of uniform level and tonal balance quickly. As we know, not every job is a high-finesse job. Sometimes people dump a whole bunch of stuff on you...

• Members
Until it can say "That intro is kind of self-indulgent. I think I'll take out the middle two measures" or "I'm going to bump the snare that hits just before the big chorus up a few dB' date='" it's not addressing all aspects of the mastering process. [/quote']

NPR did a piece on the art of the clean-edit and it was something of an eye-opener.

http://www.npr.org/2015/11/08/454606994/the-art-of-the-clean-version

Archived