What's your main pick?

1001gear

• Members

I used these Dunlop these big stubbies for a long time. They're a hard plastic and really thick, like 2.0 And 3.0 but because they are taper edged and have that grooved center they are surprisingly comfortable once you get used to them. The 3.0 is actually better then the thinner ones because its got more taper.

I used the Blue Tortex for a good 10 years too but lately been using Fender cellulose Mediums. I buy them in 100 packs and when I run out I'll try something else for awhile. I do like the snap of the celluloid but they just don't last me very long. I rarely get through more then a couple of songs before they are all chewed up. The white ones are even worse for getting chewed up on guitar but I do like them on bass. They're a little softer then the cellulite and get a little richer bass tone.

dunlop_475r2033502_big_stubby_2_0_24_pack_1438634870000_1172969.jpg

• Members

I use fender cellulose mediums. I buy them 10,000 at a time. I have to change them every 3 bars. In addition to this I retune every verse and change strings every second song. I bend a lot! Every 3rd song I completely dismantle the guitar and rebuild it to factory spec. Every second song I change the transistors in my tuner. Sounds great but ive never got through a set yet. Some people complain because if the wait. A but like Clapton getting the nickname "slowhand". They affectionately call me "you boring bastard". Cute huh?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
I used these Dunlop these big stubbies for a long time. They're a hard plastic and really thick, like 2.0 And 3.0 but because they are taper edged and have that grooved center they are surprisingly comfortable once you get used to them. The 3.0 is actually better then the thinner ones because its got more taper.

I used the Blue Tortex for a good 10 years too but lately been using Fender cellulose Mediums. I buy them in 100 packs and when I run out I'll try something else for awhile. I do like the snap of the celluloid but they just don't last me very long. I rarely get through more then a couple of songs before they are all chewed up. The white ones are even worse for getting chewed up on guitar but I do like them on bass. They're a little softer then the cellulite and get a little richer bass tone.

dunlop_475r2033502_big_stubby_2_0_24_pack_1438634870000_1172969.jpg

I ordered some Dunlop Big Stubbies from Amazon, they seem similar to the V-Picks Dimensions I use, but without the hefty price tag.

If they also don't have that annoying chirping that the Dimensions have when I speedpick then I'm sold. Thanks for the tip, WRGKMC :philthumb:

• Members

I like these Big Stubbies, especially the price, 24 for $11.90 from Amazon. They're very much like V-Picks Dimensions, and while they still have some whistling/chirping going on with them when I speedpick, it's not as pronounced as with the Dimensions. I think I'm going to be using them for awhile :music014:

Archived