Faulty power at event damages gear - who is to blame?

• Members

I kind-of have a feeling that the explanation I was offered at the fair... that explanation was at best "a guess".

I had lighting and a couple of computers and printers get fried in a concession trailer at a street festival one time. My belief is that while connecting another vendor into the same panel that I was connected to, the neutral accidentally got lifted, feeding 240v to my 120v circuits. The explanation that I was offered was "leprechauns". And this was from a state inspector that was volunteering as the committee electrician.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The explanation that I was offered was "leprechauns".

Sounds like a perfectly solid explanation.

I believe the historical record traces the existence of leprechauns back to the early 1600's... about the same time that Galileo was doing the work that resulted in crediting him as "The Father of Modern Science". Makes sense that when the technology genie was let out of the bottle, that's when the leprechauns were released too.

• Members
There was a post in February from the same guy who was asking about the INUKE 6000, he said something about buying the amp and didn't care what the forum's thoughts were.

If that's the case, it turned out to be a pretty poor investment eh?

Used for what... maybe a couple of months? Cost him $400? Over a typical 10 year MINIMUM expected service life, that works out to an equiv. $2400/year versus my PLX's which cost >two times as much initial purchase but over the same 10 year extrapolated life cost me $80/year.

Guess which amps ended up being screaming deals in the bigger picture ;)

Archived