iPads vs Paper - Pros and Cons

Shaster

• Members

Belated Happy Birthday Notes. Time indeed does not wait... I'm going to a former band mate's big birthday party this Saturday. I was just "a kid" when I worked with him years ago. He put a few bands together in between his tours with Prism. Learned a lot from him. So for times gone by, here's Rocket on drums with Prism, from way back in the day

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Belated Happy Birthday Notes. Time indeed does not wait..<...>

Thanks!!!

Last year I played my high school's 50th reunion. Playing for the same kids I played for when I was in high school was fun, but they really got old - while I don't think I did ;)

Notes

• Members

Thanks!!!

Last year I played my high school's 50th reunion. Playing for the same kids I played for when I was in high school was fun, but they really got old - while I don't think I did ;)

Notes

Yep. I went to the aforementioned birthday bash last Saturday. Lots of faces I hadn't seen in twenty or thirty years. Some of us had aged okay, maybe others not so much, but being rockers, it seemed everyone had kept the weight off. There were folks who were in their late sixties that seemed to weigh the same as in their late twenties.

Anyway, I reckon it's time to just enjoy the ride while we can, and not worry about the ticking clock. Just like the drum joke, as long as the clock (or the drum solo) keeps going we're okay! Apologies to bass players everywhere...

• 3 months later...
  • Members

My Pageflip Cicada seems to be giving up the ghost. That or my iPad 1. I'm really hoping it's the former. Anyway, it seems to not always go when I press, or, more problematic, go twice or three times when I press once. Anybody else run into this issue and have any luck fixing it?

Sounds like the new Pageflip was made better and the new airturn was made worse. There's also an airturn that comes with two boss stomp pedals which looks like it could be a great option. But only if it's not an issue with the iPad.

Archived