Squier Mustang

Guest Guest

• Members

Other than the pick guard scratches (which are gonna happen anyway) how is the condition of the guitar otherwise? Why not take it for a spin & see if you like it. Maybe you can get the seller to give you a bit of a break on the price (I would think they would consider knocking a few shekels off in lieu of paying for the shipping to get that one picked up & delivering you a new one),

• Members

I once received an "obviously played" "new" guitar from Hello Music, and the pickups were shorted. I returned it, rather than do the simple soldering myself because I figured someone had abused it, and I didn't know what else it had suffered. OTOH, if your guitar seems otherwise fine (and I'd remove said p/g and look around a little), why not keep it?

You might be able to call MF and guilt-trip them into a $25 credit... or dammit, just send a new p/g.

Guest Guest
Other than the pick guard scratches (which are gonna happen anyway) how is the condition of the guitar otherwise? Why not take it for a spin & see if you like it. Maybe you can get the seller to give you a bit of a break on the price (I would think they would consider knocking a few shekels off in lieu of paying for the shipping to get that one picked up & delivering you a new one),

The guitar was fine. No injuries to it whatsoever. The pick guard scratches were quite bad. In fact around one screw there were deep scrapes in it like if somebody trying to screw in the PG simply didn't care, and there were other several deep scratches in it. If it were just minor scratches I would of kept it, but these were clearly deep scratches from somebody not handling it very well or making the guitar and just not giving a {censored}.

I called customer service up and they sent me a prepaid label and I sent it back today. Hopefully the next one I get isn't in that bad of condition, If it's minor scrapes and scratches then I won't care next time. Hopefully I can get a good cellphone and figure out how to post pics on here, cause I would really like to do that when I get the next one.

• Members

Yeah, good luck. Unfortunately, your description made me wonder if someone hadn't gone after the pickups ... I've seen all kinds of sketchiness in the name of mail-order. It's one reason I really prefer to purchase in person.

Guest Guest

I have like a 20 dollar cellphone, and a crappy webcam on this computer, but I may be able to get some sort of pics up. Thanks for the help phil , I'll definitely give you a holler if I have a problem

Guest Guest
Yeah, good luck. Unfortunately, your description made me wonder if someone hadn't gone after the pickups ... I've seen all kinds of sketchiness in the name of mail-order. It's one reason I really prefer to purchase in person.

It didn't even have plastic on the pickguard. The plastic that usually comes over the PG's that you can tear off, it didn't have. It was just poorly made, a very cheap guitar that was handled very poorly, but your thought still could of happened though

Archived