• Members

How do i know which one i need?

It depends on where you are trying to use it. If possible you should choose one that corresponds to the "Safe Harbor" frequencies for your area. Since you don't list your location with your user name, I can't help you.

• Members

With the wireless systems I am familiar with, the transmitter is designed to operate on a number of adjacent frequencies - or over a band of frequencies. The bands may be labeled different things by the various manufactuers, but they all list the range of frequencies covered. OP, your use of the phrase "frequency range" seemed OK to me; I think I know what you meant. Mark C.

• Members

With the wireless systems I am familiar with, the transmitter is designed to operate on a number of adjacent frequencies - or over a band of frequencies. The bands may be labeled different things by the various manufactuers, but they all list the range of frequencies covered. OP, your use of the phrase "frequency range" seemed OK to me; I think I know what you meant. Mark C.

I may have misread but the manual indicated these were single frequency units......no "range" was indicated

• CMS Author

It depends on where you are trying to use it. If possible you should choose one that corresponds to the "Safe Harbor" frequencies for your area. Since you don't list your location with your user name, I can't help you.

If his IP address is any indication, he's in Georgia.

• Members

I may have misread but the manual indicated these were single frequency units......no "range" was indicated

My bad. I did not look at the manual for the specific IEM in question. Single frequency units exist; my apology for adding confusion to the discussion. Mark C.

• Members

I do need a hand on hookup though. The system has two line in's on the back of it. If I am just running one 1/4" from the AUX send to either the right or the left side, this will still work correct? I just wantt o make sure its not going to be putting sound in just one of the head phones. I've got two gigs this weekend both venues have sound guys and house sound so hopefully they know how to handle in ear monitors.

• Members
I do need a hand on hookup though. The system has two line in's on the back of it. If I am just running one 1/4" from the AUX send to either the right or the left side, this will still work correct? I just wantt o make sure its not going to be putting sound in just one of the head phones. I've got two gigs this weekend both venues have sound guys and house sound so hopefully they know how to handle in ear monitors.

Just switch it to "mono" and that's true. I once ran mine using both inputs in mono so I could take a monitor mix into one and a split from my instrument into the other so I could hear myself - we were shy one monitor mix that day. Each input has a separate volume control :cool: .

• Members

Just switch it to "mono" and that's true. I once ran mine using both inputs in mono so I could take a monitor mix into one and a split from my instrument into the other so I could hear myself - we were shy one monitor mix that day. Each input has a separate volume control
:cool:

Do you have to change the settings in options in the transmitter and receiver? I have to do that on my M3.

• Members

Bring some turn arounds or gender benders or whatever you call them in your locale in case you're going from XLR. The tech might run your mix from a spare channel on the stage box, leaving the monitor amp(s) hooked up but un-used. A phone call to both techs would be a good idea too as the last thing you want to put on their plates is something unexpected. Bring lots of length of cable that you need to run to your rig, I would never expect the venue to have that waiting for you. :thu:

Archived