Talking Playing versus talking guitar

Idunno

• Members

So, in the interests of establishing the new establishers of topical on/off parameters, is it picking pepper out of fly dung to ask if talking about playing techniques in on topic? vbadmin recently stated that they weren't too distracted by off-topic discussions in their zeal to find and isolate rants and off-topic discussions to their newly created forums. I take his statement to mean any off-topic discussion is okay if he considers it harmless.

So, do we have to talk bridge pins or can we talk about the purpose of the guitar itself?

• Members

I've wondered the same thing. I've seen several of my posts mysteriously disappear. And these were what one could consider legit on topic posts.

Sounds like it's whatever mood Dendy Jarrett or this mysterious "vbadmin" is in.

In any case, the future of this very discussion here is in doubt.

• Members

I think we're okay to bash music here along with the guitar itself as long as it falls below the rant threshold. It's just that we seldom stay above the rant hard deck here. I don't, anyway. That's the spice.

On the topic of the late, great Dendy Jarrett, he left the site as an admin a couple weeks back or so. Evidently there was some shake-up in the front office requiring site admins and field minions to be home soil employees, or some such mandate. Dendy preferred not to relocate to take a front office job - further evidence of previously discussed non-discussable discussion on the demise of I'd better stop now stuff - so he's gone.

Salute, Mr Jarrett, your work here was commendable though I'm sure it probably exceeded more than I'll ever know.

@EdBega - National Archives worthy? Hmmm. So that's their angle.

• Members
. . . On the topic of the late, great Dendy Jarrett, he left the site as an admin a couple weeks back or so. Evidently there was some shake-up in the front office requiring site admins and field minions to be home soil employees, or some such mandate. . . .

Phil O'Keefe is no longer an Admin for the same reason. He's still a Mod but he won't be doing reviews any more.

Archived