Shook Twins decline American Idol audition invitation

Phil O'Keefe

• Members

Maybe so.

But I think in the case of American Idol they were looking for a very specific type.

If you didn't fit the type you were out the door.

well of course, It's an audition. I've never been to an audition for anything musical where people weren't looking for a specific type. That's pretty much why they have auditions, isn't it?

having said that, agreeing and disagreeing with the judges is part of the fun. It'd be boring if everyone watching thought the judges always got it right.

also, I think some of it is in the editing. We are seeing a edited clip of the audition from a particular camera angle. I'm sure it's often much different when you're in the room.

Of course I never really watched it after that.

Like Ken said "I didn't like the music that was typically played on there."

thats why the record store is so big! As I used to always like to tell people back in my retail days.

personally, I like a wide variety of music, so it's not too often I'm not going to find something I like most anywhere music is being played, especially if it's performed well. I like these shows most of the time because they promote good technical singing, for the most part, and the backing musicians are stellar.

• Members

and the backing musicians are stellar.

The certainly are! I don't catch the show often...but I was watching last season when the eventual winner did "Working Man". He was good and I was agog at the band. It was their version and they owned it. Here, here!

Archived