Acoustic or electric guitar?

Ashley1!

• Members

:philpalm:

a lot of emotional opinions here, plz don't start a fight who is right or wrong....

first of all, playing and learning guitar should be fun, no matter if you start on an electric or an acoustic...

for starting it is good to have an arsenal of easy fun songs/riffs you like to learn so the material to practice will not get boring

its good to have a goal you want to reach, which motivates you and keeps you going

when i started out i wanted to learn patience from G'nR

i was so enthusiastic that i grabbed the guitar every free minute i had, so i played at least one hour every day while i was watchin ray cokes or so on mtv...

after some times i bought the tabs of the lies album and after around six months i mastered also the solo, uff i reached my goal, whats next

well one a holiday trip in italy we meet this crazy guy from canada who told us about blues, john lee hooker and jimi hendrix.... ok there were my next goals... that was more than 20 years ago...

i went the acoustic first road, although i had hurting fingers and blisters i enjoyed every minute from it.

no matter how and with what you start, there is a lot of practice involved, practice is hard, takes time and can be annoying, if you like the things you practice its easier... the less you practice the longer it takes and the less progress you will make

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived