Epiphone Accu Bass 1995 - Estimated Sell Price Request

mikedavismusic

• Members

Hello,

I decided sell my Epiphone bass but I'm not really sure what 'price tag' I should aim for, and the reason why is that I'm not entirely sure what's the model and therefore can't check its price online.

The info on the back 'tag':

Hand-crafted in Korea by Epiphone.

The Epiphone Company Nashville, Tennessee USA.

I5110151

Other than that there's only Epiphone logo on the head, and simple GIBSON text right above the nut.

As I'm not sure what's the guitar model, I checked it on an online guitardater and based on the number:

Your guitar was made at the Saein Plant, Korea (The Saein Musical Instrument Co. Ltd.) in November 1995, with the guitar's unit number: 0151.

And supposidely it's an 'Epiphone Accu Bass'.

The bass was bought used (had 1 owner prior me) 4 years ago (e.i. 2010), in a very good condition. It's not been used much, just from time to time during those 4 years, mostly at home, a couple of times at live performances.

As for where it was being kept, on a guitar stand in my room.

The condition is very good.

Electronics work.

Frets are only slightly worn off.

Never dropped it, never fell down.

I'm gonna clean it up and condition the fretboard.

I'm gonna change the strings to new.

I can add a guitar strap and a cord for free.

Also, it was acutally won on an auction. I've won it for $220 and the seller was pretty unhappy about the winning bid therefore he was hoping to sell it for more. He needed quick cash that's why he went with it.

I'm not trying to sell it here. I'd like your opinion on what price I should try to sell it for.

Also if you had a bass like that, maybe you know the exact name of the model.

• Members

If you can get what you paid for it you'd be doing OK. I saw two on EBay, and had a buy it now for $189 and $230. Bass guitars are slow movers in comparison to regular guitars. Maybe its because a Guitarist will tend to own several of more to get a variety of tones. I only know of one bass player that had a really good collection of basses going with around 50. He was an exception because he worked at a music store. I own three basses and about 30 guitars. I'd easily trade all three for something decent. I took the precision in for a trade in on something else and the store wouldn't even make me an offer. They have racks of them and they cant sell them. Just no market for them.

• Members

That's a new one on me. The Accu Bass I'm familiar with is a Precision Bass copy with a G&L style headstock. Here's one that sold for $142.50 on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Epiphone-Ele...p2047675.l2557. More to the point, here's one similar to yours that sold for $75.00: http://www.ebay.com/itm/EPIPHONE-GIB...p2047675.l2557. Use these prices to guesstimate what yours is likely to sell for (i.e., somewhere between $75.00 and $142.50).

• 3 weeks later...

Archived