Ernie Ball Slinky Cobalts 3-Packs are on sale @ MF for $20

humbuckerstrat

• Members

Sir I have no reasons to lie about anything. Are you sure you work in the business? If so I'd say, just because you work with a bunch of lazy techs who cant do an honest days work it doesn't mean other companies are that relaxed. Sounds to me like your techs don't know what a hard days work is. That's why companies like IBM and Xerox are so far off the radar screen now they don't even compete in the world market any more. Too much dead wood working for them.

Your people wont be able to earn a living here in the US with such poor numbers so forget about transferring here. We have enough freeloaders. We don't have tea ten times a day, we work for a living. Even Canon's "world" average for service calls is 5 calls a day and they have a 2~4 hour response time. That means you have inexperienced rookie techs who can only pull three calls a day mixed with veterans who can pull 7 or more to get that average. You wouldn't even keep get a job here if you cant meet that average. Small companies require even better numbers so they can compete with the big companies.

If you don't understand, I see no reason to explain. Talking to you is like talking to a dead phone. It goes no place.

:philpalm:I give up. I haven't got a clue where you come up with these stupid statements. I made that comment about GHS Progressives strings not SIT's. http://www.juststrings.com/ghselectr...gressives.html

I don't know if its your inability to read or you just invent things to get a kick out of pissing people off who are trying to help others. In either case you are totally lame at both.

Boy oh boy, not too bright are you? OK I give it one last chance to get through. All the teams I have ran have worked as trouble shooters on complex kit. None of them could average 7 a day and travel between them. (On our kit - not even if they were in the same building)

If they were changing toilet rolls then maybe. I thought you were supposed to be an electronics tech. When you are using a cct/logic diagram 8 feet long and troubleshooting to board level, then repairing, rebooting and testing the system, you DONT do 7 calls a day. On a good day, maybe 2.

Interesting you pick Canon. I was UK product and marketing manager for Canon UK micrographics division. NONE of our techs did 7 a day or averaged 5, and they were all degree level with a flair for diagnostics..

Either you are exaggerating your roll, mistaken or lying but you didn't average 7 a day for 35 years.

Lets assume 1/2 hours travel between the 7 jobs, including travel + parking, Thats 2-1/2 hours travel and an hour lunch in an 8 hour day. That leaves 4-1/2 hours = less than 40 mins per job, to get through reception to the kit, then fault find, fix, test, liaise with customer, do paperwork and get out.{ thats not even allowing for holidays, courses, meetings, paperwork, appraisals, product updates, sickness, parts ordering, etc etc???)

Nobody, anywhere, is doing that on anything I would class as electronic diagnosis. If you are servicing Cash registers or franking machines or some similar low end kit then maybe.

Make your mind up. You may either be the fastest, least promoted service engineer in the world OR a serious Electronics troubleshooter - not both. And I suspect I know which one you are.

Its all Bollox pal. You are arguing with the wrong guy on this one.

Regarding the strings, Dumbo. The point is not the make. The point is that you portray yourself as some sort of tone expert and then state quite categorically that a particular set of strings will give you the Dire Straits tone. IT WONT.

You can make up what you want on the internet, but you've been found out.

PS

I did very well in the states working for Canon and Cable & Wireless. Consulting on Dealer & Data Networks.

• Members

Interesting you pick Canon. I was UK product and marketing manager for Canon UK micrographics division. NONE of our techs did 7 a day or averaged 5, and they were all degree level with a flair for diagnostics...

Marketing manager? I can see why you haven't got a clue. You're nothing but a friggin salesman. That totally explains your ineptitude on simple technical matters.

Canon has been averaging 5 calls a day in the Houston office for nearly 10 years now. Before that they didn't have direct service in this town and only had direct service in a few towns like Chicago and New York. They sold through Dealership networks only.

Don't know how you work it there, but techs are on customer site by 8:00 and leave by 5:00. Driving too and from the jobs is on their own time. They only show up at the office a couple of times a month. They even have parts sent directly to customers so don't waste time driving around picking them up.

Techs also have territories and manage those territories. Most have around 100 clients they see on a regular basis and when their territory is quiet they help other techs. Some accounts may have dozens of machines in a single building and the techs who work those accounts may spend days in a single building. Not all service calls are major failures as again you seem to assume based on your limited experience. Some are definitely stupid customer issues that are a quick fix. Others can be maintenance related, and others may actually require cracking out a meter and troubleshooting to board level. If you have your act together its very easy to pump 7 calls a day. The guys who don't do well come form companies like yours who are used to milking the company and thinking they can get away doing two or three calls per day.

Few if any companies repair to component level any more and few techs even know how to repair to that level. Given that most machines have built in diagnostics, if the machine doesn't tell you what's wrong with it, connecting a laptop to it will. Last job I had that required repairing to components level was in the mid 80's. None exist any more outside manufacturing and those jobs are for non skilled workers in ultra low pay jobs now.

In any case, I don't see why you need to call others liars just because "they've" have had to bust their balls for a living and you haven't. If you were a tech you'd be bragging about the easy life you're living and how you don't have to bust your ass not having to work that hard. You should be happy you work at a country club like that and don't actually have to kick ass every day to keep your customers happy.

As for the rest of your post, Look closely at my middle finger.

• Members

30 + years ago it was component level. My teams were senior techs, they only went out when drones like you couldnt find out why it wont switch on, so yes they were all major jobs. Either way you still havent averaged 7 visits a day for 35 years. Just think about how stupid that claim makes you sound.

Apart from that. A first line field service engineer, for 35 years? What a fu€king success story.

Not as stupid as your belief that a make of string can make you sound like Dire Straits though. Funny how you didnt address that, amongst all your bluster.

• Members

Wow knotty. Some mean spirited jabs in this one. If you disagree, so be it, but please keep this personal attack garbage out of here.

I've known WRGKMC long enough to know he's a great asset to this community. He's knowledgeable, shares what he knows and has always been a class act whenever I've interacted with him.

• Members
Wow knotty. Some mean spirited jabs in this one. If you disagree, so be it, but please keep this personal attack garbage out of here.

I've known WRGKMC long enough to know he's a great asset to this community. He's knowledgeable, shares what he knows and has always been a class act whenever I've interacted with him.

Woah hang on browny. I didnt start the personal stuff. He got snotty when I pointed out his conflicting arguements.

Yeah he knows stuff, but then goes off at a tangent trying to prove hes superman and coming out with crap like that about the strings.

You may beleive every word he says but I, and some others, know better and are prepared to question his "wisdom". Thats what pisses him off.

But ok I will draw a line for now (depending on his response). Its like arguing with a deaf hamster anyway.

ps good to see you around.

• Members

Thanks for the support Mr. Brown.

• Members

Really? I mean really? :lol:

Again, If you're looking for that extra bright Strat tone, that's my opinion and advice.

If you have tried them you would understand why I classify them that way.

If you haven't tried them then you really haven't got a clue how those strings sound in comparison to others.

• Members

Again, If you're looking for that extra bright Strat tone, that's my opinion and advice.

If you have tried them you would understand why I classify them that way.

If you haven't tried them then you really haven't got a clue how those strings sound in comparison to others.

Sure, they capture that Dire Straits tone, of course they do, if you say so. :lol:

Archived