Wow, they just nail it.

• Members

The people who bought it tended to like it.

No shlt sherlock.

And if the masses are always right - 7 billion people didnt buy it.

If you are happy with it fine. The timing is way out but if thats not important to you then I can see you thinking they nailed it.

By your (poor) logic, all the reviews on Amazon would be skewed because someone bought an item they reviewed. Experience and common sense shows that this is not true. There are plenty of items that get slammed in the reviews on Amazon. In all likelihood when people pay for something and it is a dog they are more likely to tear it down.

We also have other avenues for proving your wrongness, Holmes.

Youtube displays a review system of it's own. In this case the voters pay nothing but their precious time. In this case there have been 2,787,046 views, of those views 13,885 voted the video up and a whopping 396 lowly individuals voted it down.

That means that only 2.85% of the people who took the time to vote thought that what they viewed was not worthy of their time.

The concert rocked. It's elementary, Son. Deal with it.

lol

• Members

I bought the DVD back when it was first released and I've not listened to three times since then. Led Zeppelin is my favorite band. I've watched The Song Remains The Same at least four times since then, and the Led Zeppelin DVD a couple of times also. I have an Amazon Prime account, but I rarely post product reviews: good, bad, or indifferent.

I know we're light on posts, but why are we discussing this disc again 18 months later?

• Members

By your (poor) logic, all the reviews on Amazon would be skewed because someone bought an item they reviewed. Experience and common sense shows that this is not true. There are plenty of items that get slammed in the reviews on Amazon. In all likelihood when people pay for something and it is a dog they are more likely to tear it down.

We also have other avenues for proving your wrongness, Holmes.

Youtube displays a review system of it's own. In this case the voters pay nothing but their precious time. In this case there have been 2,787,046 views, of those views 13,885 voted the video up and a whopping 396 lowly individuals voted it down.

That means that only 2.85% of the people who took the time to vote thought that what they viewed was not worthy of their time.

The concert rocked. It's elementary, Son. Deal with it.

lol

If you think he nailed the whole lotta love solo then I can only assume you have never heard it before.

But you beleive your reveiws, ignore your ears.

• Members
I bought the DVD back when it was first released and I've not listened to three times since then. Led Zeppelin is my favorite band. I've watched The Song Remains The Same at least four times since then' date=' and the [i']Led Zeppelin[/i] DVD a couple of times also. I have an Amazon Prime account, but I rarely post product reviews: good, bad, or indifferent.

I know we're light on posts, but why are we discussing this disc again 18 months later?

were not really discussing the disc. More peoples veiws on what consttutes a tight, in tune well played gig.

I have the stones bigger bang live dvd and have played it many times. Its amazing how tight they sound. In comparison I find it amazing that someone who actually plays could think zep nailed ths one. It sounds like a crap rehearsal to me.

• Members
Basically' date=' Doc posted a video to the Celebration concert, stated that he thought Jimmy Page was the best (though in almost objective terminology, I believe), and then it went downhill from there.[/quote'] He said Page was the greatest living guitarist and that he made the electric sound like an acoustic on Ramble On. It did, in fact, go careening downhill thereafter ...

• Members
He said Page was the greatest living guitarist and that he made the electric sound like an acoustic on Ramble On. It did' date=' in fact, go careening downhill thereafter ...[/quote']

I think I made a few remarks about him having a small musical palate as well, but in my usual charming way.

I love 60's and 70's Page (before heroin), but he wasn't in the same building as some of his peers, including Jeff Beck. What made Page special was his distinctive sound and song writing. I mean, many guitar players can play "Black Dog," but how many could write it?

• Members

were not really discussing the disc. More peoples veiws on what consttutes a tight, in tune well played gig.

I have the stones bigger bang live dvd and have played it many times. Its amazing how tight they sound. In comparison I find it amazing that someone who actually plays could think zep nailed ths one. It sounds like a crap rehearsal to me.

Add the senior editor at Rolling Stone to the sprawling list of those who disagree with you,

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/bl...ricke-20071211

and "Music critics in attendance were unanimous in their praise for Led Zeppelin's performance."

from

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmet_E...tical_response

(hahaha, that one did give me a chuckle).

I'm not picking on you knotty, but when you come trying to mock me like I'm an idiot who doesn't understand music, and you continue to shoot your mouth off about it over a couple threads, I'm all happy to shove your ignorant arrogance back down your throat.

You don't seem to understand music very well, knotty.

200_s.gif

• Members

Show me the list of people queuing to admit that like you they think it was the same as the album.

Tut. You kids getting all steamed because someone disagrees. Back to Google for you, find more support, get a grown up to help if you want.

• Members

Add the senior editor at Rolling Stone to the sprawling list of those who disagree with you .,.

We realize that there are folks who like the album, but there are others like myself who bought the album who do not. It's not surprising that there are millions of online reviewers who like the album. I would also bet there are American Idol runners-up who have albums that have outsold Celebration Day, and I'm deferring to the preferences of their fans, either ...

• Members

I got the Celebration Day Blu Ray as a present from my two boys and I love it for what it is: a great effort by some aging giants. Some of the songs were brilliantly done and powerful and made the hair stand up on the back of my neck, and others .... they were a bit lacking but still fun. I gave the overall package a 4.5 out of 5, and my major complaint was the stupid jump cut and effects laden video editing. It was completely overdone and seemed like it had passed through the hands of an overenthusiastic noob who'd just discovered the effects menu of Final Cut.

And by the way, it is possible to disagree without being a bitchy stick-up-the-ass about it. If someone doesn't share your opinion, there's absolutely no need to be offended and start tossing around idiotic insults like a snarky assbag.

Accept it like a damned adult.

• Members
I got the Celebration Day Blu Ray as a present from my two boys and I love it for what it is: a great effort by some aging giants. Some of the songs were brilliantly done and powerful and made the hair stand up on the back of my neck, and others .... they were a bit lacking but still fun. I gave the overall package a 4.5 out of 5, and my major complaint was the stupid jump cut and effects laden video editing. It was completely overdone and seemed like it had passed through the hands of an overenthusiastic noob who'd just discovered the effects menu of Final Cut.

And by the way, it is possible to disagree without being a bitchy stick-up-the-ass about it. If someone doesn't share your opinion, there's absolutely no need to be offended and start tossing around idiotic insults like a snarky assbag.

Accept it like a damned adult.

Totally agree.

• Members

But you cant carry it out.

All I've done is share something that I really enjoyed. I then came under attack from an, apparently, mentally ill person who hates good music. And I'm all to happy to eviscerate a troll. That is quite different then actually being a negative assbag troll, of which you are. No sweat, haters gonna hate. That's just what they do, they're stuck in a rut of negativity. Perhaps someday you'll evolve out of it, we can only hope.

• Members

All I've done is share something that I really enjoyed. I then came under attack from an, apparently, mentally ill person who hates good music. And I'm all to happy to eviscerate a troll. That is quite different then actually being a negative assbag troll, of which you are. No sweat, haters gonna hate. That's just what they do, they're stuck in a rut of negativity. Perhaps someday you'll evolve out of it, we can only hope.

Ok. How can I summarise this. Try and follow, get help if you need it.

My initial reaction was sloppy but great concert because of the circumstances. A bit sloppy for me so I cant agree they nailed it.

Thats my opinion, formed by me alone, I stand by it.

Due, I can only assume, to your insecurities you decided that I was wrong, you were right and you were going to get proof. So of you went Googling and researching, calculation percentages and highlighting, changing font size and colours and supplying links. To prove you were right. Quiet a little project well done 9/10.

I dont care. I will repeat that. I dont care. You see my opinion is my opinion. I don't need reinforcement or approval for it. I am confident on my own.

Please try to live with the fact that some people have different opinions than you. opinions will differ.

From your little hissy fit above you seem to confuse attacking and disagreeing hence the personal insults. (Brave little soldier)

What I do insist on though is that none of the songs sound just like the album, not spot on as you think.

I will do a blind/blind test and identify each and every one, every time. I thought most Zep fans would.

You apparently can't. So for some reason you blame me. (Well, it can't be you can it.)

You can have last pop again ( unless its just more insults.) as you obviously have issues with approval, reinforcement and letting go.

• Members
I've been a Page fanboy since I can remember but I'll be the first to admit he's a sloppy player.

I agree and am okay with it. When he was young, he could groove to his sloppiness, making it work for him, much in the same way Bonham would at times keep irregular timing. It worked. Not so much now but that won't take away my love for the band.

• Members

I agree and am okay with it. When he was young, he could groove to his sloppiness, making it work for him, much in the same way Bonham would at times keep irregular timing. It worked. Not so much now but that won't take away my love for the band.

I think there is a certain time envelope that dictates what we hear as " in time", pages playing style pushes fhat to the limit. Sometimes leading sometimes trailing. I think thats where the energy and " edge" comes from. But its a very fine line and too many years, too many fixes and you are gonna miss that envelope sometimes. When he doesn't its still there though.

• Members

Knotty, I can't remember the last time you posted anything remotely helpful, insightful, interesting, or positve. You're simply a negative guy with a keyboard. I hereby obliterate you from my universe, set to "ignore." You are a fellow human being and I wish you the best. Take care.

AceDeathcardF1.jpg

Archived