'Way OT: Unusual food you've eaten/seen while on the road

DeepEnd

• Members
No one tried Rocky Mountain oysters???

Many years ago I ordered them while I was out to dinner at a very nice restaurant with my boss and his wife.

She didn't hear me order them, and when the waiter brought them to me and set them down on the table, she whispered in her husband/s ear, asking what it was I had there.

He whispered the answer in return, explaining to her what they were.

She set her fork down and couldn't eat a bite of her own meal having immediately lost her appetite.

Note: This is not a good career move when you're out to dinner with the boss.

(Just a public service announcement for those of you who aren't any brighter than I was then, if indeed there is anyone here that dumb.)

• Members

Many years ago I ordered them while I was out to dinner at a very nice restaurant with my boss and his wife.

She didn't hear me order them, and when the waiter brought them to me and set them down on the table, she whispered in her husband/s ear, asking what it was I had there.

He whispered the answer in return, explaining to her what they were.

She set her fork down and couldn't eat a bite of her own meal having immediately lost her appetite.

Note: This is not a good career move when you're out to dinner with the boss.

(Just a public service announcement for those of you who aren't any brighter than I was then, if indeed there is anyone here that dumb.)

Your boss wasn't exactly shining brilliance, either.

Dare foods. When in Rome, okay, I'll make like a Roman. But these forays into grossencuisine won't find me lining up to buy tickets any time soon. When I work up the effort to walk to a table to eat it's because I'm hungry, not feeling experimental. My wife is always asking me if I'd like to try (????) and the poor kid gets shot down every time. To me, food is for one thing and entertainment isn't it.

• Members

Talk about a complete waste of sticks. Your first, my man.

It is a waste of sticks. You're right. The Cambodian bus driver merely had a small bag full of them. He'd pull one out like a potato chip and then munch it down. He threw some small part out. I'm not sure what.

He didn't offer his co-driver any. He didn't offer me any either.

So he's apparently fond of them.

Here is a bug buffet in Cambodia.

2259762461_ec31819d81_m.jpg

Yummy.

people-in-cambodia-pictured-and-other-places-already-eat-the-little-critters-so-why-dont-we.jpg?174

• Members

Hmmm. Guessing they don't eat that in Rome. When I'm bored and stuck behind the wheel of a bus all day I usually munch on something like unsalted pretzels. And, why should I share them with some total stranger? And, what's a co-driver?

Archived