An El Cheapo restoration,

Chordite

• Members

I found a couple of pics of my Encore noodler on the day I rescued it and after a fast and dirty restoration and rewire.

The pick guard had to be trimmed back from the horn because some chemical solvent had attacked and curled it Though I quite like it cut away, it feels a bit 1950s

It is now my favorite guitar which was definitely an unexpectedly good outcome :)

Before

fetch?id=31164140

After

fetch?id=31164141

Why does anyone over the age of 7 do this to a guitar ?

fetch?id=31164142

Anyone else done a similar salvage operation?

• Members
First I've heard of Encore guitars' date=' got me curious now.[/quote']

They are a British low budget guitar maker but like Hondo, they have their moments.

The range just had a makeover at the hands of Trevor Wilkinson no less. Here he explains how he designed the Encore strat copy to a budget while maintaining the best quality at the price.

[video=youtube_share;rVR4HmW9xYE]

• Members
Looks really good. Is that pearl white ?

Thanks, Yes it is, I didn't think you could see that in the pic.

I forgot to fill the two redundant screw holes smiley-frustrated so I will have to do that and dot them in to smooth the final look. Like so

fetch?filedataid=101065

• Members

They are a British low budget guitar maker but like Hondo, they have their moments.

The range just had a makeover at the hands of Trevor Wilkinson no less. Here he explains how he designed the Encore strat copy to a budget while maintaining the best quality at the price.

[video=youtube_share;rVR4HmW9xYE]

Interesting, sounds like a quality instrument. Encore, Vintage, Anderton, etc., seems like you have more quality options at affordable prices that we do over here.

• Members

You did a nice job restoring that one. I have a SSH Kramer that's in just as rough shape I need to restore. Its got some major finish damage unfortunately so the finish is going to have to come off.

Archived