The era of good cheap guitars is over.

coyote-1

• Members

I'm loving my Epiphone Limited Edition TV Yellow Special I Les Paul! $89 at GC for the Easter sale. Surprisingly a playable guitar. Frets are fairly smooth and pickups are nice too. Also it was Made In China. I would have thought it would be Made in Indonesia for the price they are charging. Good deal, Good bargain.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I'm loving my Epiphone Limited Edition TV Yellow Special I Les Paul! $89 at GC for the Easter sale. Surprisingly a playable guitar. Frets are fairly smooth and pickups are nice too. Also it was Made In China. I would have thought it would be Made in Indonesia for the price they are charging. Good deal' date=' Good bargain.[/quote']

Proof that the era of good cheap guitars is going strong

• Members
I'm definitely not just trying out guitar as a hobby. Squier makes some great guitars - both "for the price" and just plain old great guitars.

Honestly, when people start sharing opinions and don't differentiate between the Affinity and CV Series, I wonder if they didn't just once or twice pick up a $140 special and think they have seen it all. Care to give us a critique of VM vs. CV vs. Affiniity to demonstrate your knowledge of Squiers?

Agree 100%. 2 weeks ago, I went on a Craigslist buying spree. I bought a 2013 Squire Standard FMT (Flame Maple Top) ....still had the sticker on the pickguard....paid $140 it ($249.99 at Guitar Center).....I also picked up a 1997 Am. Standard Strat .....I swear the Squier is better.... I have already sold that USA strat on the bay for $680.

But yeah.... the Standard, Deluxe, Vintage Modified, and Classic Vibes are great guitars..... gig worthy IMHO.....

There something sexy about making a cheap guitar sound good.

• Members

I'm loving my Epiphone Limited Edition TV Yellow Special I Les Paul! $89 at GC for the Easter sale. Surprisingly a playable guitar. Frets are fairly smooth and pickups are nice too. Also it was Made In China. I would have thought it would be Made in Indonesia for the price they are charging. Good deal, Good bargain.

The better Squiers are made in Indonesia versus China....except for the Vibes.

Archived