Line 6 "Dream Rig" (Tyler Variax, POD HD500, DT25 amp)

Anderton

• Members

Craig, First off thanks for the in depth review, I really appreciate it (as well as thanks to all who have posted). I have The HD 500, am getting a JTV 59 shortly and have the DT 25 at the top of the gas list. Anywho, being somewhat of a noob with the HD 500 (which I love), I was hoping you would expand on the EQ portion of it and how you use it to get better tones. I can modify patches from the Line6 site and build some basic ones, but the EQ has always eluded me in terms of how to use it. You mentioned it was your key to getting good tone, so any chance there will be a little tutorial of sorts on how to use the EQ in the HD 500?

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have found that for me, my HD400 works best into a full range system keyboard/acoustic guitar amp not a guitar amp. I setup my presets for the amplification i'm going to use them on. I have several patches tweaked to my amps but most of those have the sim turned off.

I mostly use a small stereo PA system. I like that it works just as well for my keyboards and acoustic guitars as with my HD400. And since its coloration is much less, I can do most of the setup using headphones and then tweak them as desired in the full rig at gig volume.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Futuresman

View Post

I can modify patches from the Line6 site and build some basic ones, but the EQ has always eluded me in terms of how to use it. You mentioned it was your key to getting good tone, so any chance there will be a little tutorial of sorts on how to use the EQ in the HD 500?

There will be now smile.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by kbeaumont

View Post

I have found that for me, my HD400 works best into a full range system keyboard/acoustic guitar amp not a guitar amp. I setup my presets for the amplification i'm going to use them on. I have several patches tweaked to my amps but most of those have the sim turned off.

Excellent point, and one I should have brought up myself. Before the DT25 showed up smile.gif, I used only the Bose L1 for stage use on gigs in the US where I brought the gear. For gigs in Europe, I could use my same setup up to the input of the L1, but instead plug it into a PA. This gave me a consistent sound.

I think that in the future, it's mostly likely that I'll continue using the L1 for a variety of reasons, including that using synths is part of my act and they feed it as well. However, for recording, the DT25 is about as good as it gets. I've tried Dr Funky's suggestion for a stereo setup, and experimented with splitting to a Peavey Windsor and DT25. They like each other very much smile.gif

Then again if I guest with some other bans solely on guitar, I suspect I'll be using the DT25. It's a simpler solution in that context, not to mention the sound.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by dramey

View Post

Here is a question that Line 6 refuses to answer on their forums. What 4 amp models in the HD 500 correspond to the amp models in the DT 25? The manual says that any fiddling you do on the amp will change that parameter on the HD 500. That seems to be the case on everything but the model switch. The number will change on the amp, but when the link cable is plugged in, the model doesn't change. I'd love to dial in a tone on the amp and save it to a preset but it doesn't seem possible.

I've listed the corresponding amp models for the dt25 in post #224 on Page 12. I'm not from line 6 and certainly not an expert, but I'm guessing the reason why the amp model does not change in the pod when thee topology switch is changed is because the model depends on more than the topology; it's also the class and pentode/triode. Maybe they figure that if you were doing drastic changes like that you would most likely creating a whole new patch and want to do it thought he pod or with Edit.

There has been considerable speculation about how closely the models in the Dt25 (set up as on the info plate on top) match those in the pod in other forums. Several members have done extensive testing and concluded that they are the same , but the plethora of options inside the pod make it difficult. Again, line 6 have not come out to tell users what the settings should be to match those of the dt25. It seems like it shouldn't be this hard if they are the same models, but anyone who has gone into the deep editing parameters of the pod knows how extensive they can get.

I can post links to the conversations about this (on the line 6 forum) if it is allowed in here (Craig?).

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by DrFunky

View Post

I have a little radical solution for you to try... First you need an amp that you can get good clean and distorted tones from and be able to switch channels on. One of your own amps that you like and know well. Bring it with you to a music store with your JTV Variax and Pod HD. Next use a Dummy pedal that goes out in stereo. I have tried a Digitech Hardwire Delay, but any Stereo out chorus unit would be just as good. Power off, must be true bypass. one out going into your familiar amp rig front end, and the other into Your Pod HD now L6 linked to a DT 25 or 50 amp. Try matching clean presets to clean on the DT and similar with your dirty stuff. I think you will be surprised, no amazed at the results! JTV 1/4' out to dummy stereo out pedal, one out put to your amp of choice (with foot controlled channel switching), the other out to Pod HD L6 linked to a DT amp. Put some presets in the HD that have DT info that you can switch when you change HD patches. I will be surprised if you don't want to buy the DT amp on the spot. Just please do them a favor and don't play "Stairway to Heaven" for the umpteenth time that day.

Hi Dr Funky - I made it - thanks for the invite!! So what may I offer to this fione group led by a real genius as I discovered reading his profile.

A pleasure to be on the same site with you Mr. Anderton. I have some personal experience with some of your late 70s/early 80s work. I'm sure this has been asked before, but this is my first time...Any relation to the Anderton music store in the UK?

Okay, now that I've said hello...I'm very well versed working with the POD HD and JTV lines of products as well as the DT50, not the DT25 "Dream Rig" set up. I have quite a few other Line 6 pieces of gear as well as a few other company's products. I manage to get them all to work together to give me eveything I need from simple guitar only to my full live performance set up which covers guitars, basses, keys, bass pedals, and vocal harmonizing units from TC Helicon. Here's a photo to give a better idea of some of my gear and how I have it set up...

DSC00680.jpg

292286_3664085834952_117985538_n.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=346712&d=134

183308_1777744957609_7056116_n.jpg

19278_1332582588828_5237954_n.jpg

Neal on the left gazing into the future 30 years ahead. Neal on the right looking back 30 years into the past and trying to stop Neal on the left from becoming Neal on the right. icon_lol.gif

And this is a demo video from 2009 using nothing but my Variax 700 and the included DI/Power Supply box that those models ame with into my Alesis HD 24-track recorder. the audio on the video is from my video camera sitting in front of one of my studio monitors.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/vLc1FToEkwk

I hope I can help in any way possible to assist those in getting the most from their Line 6 gear.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Henryswansen

View Post

I can post links to the conversations about this (on the line 6 forum) if it is allowed in here (Craig?).

Link away! A pro review is intended to provide as much useful information as possible. But thanks for asking, that's very courteous.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by OcalaMusician

View Post

I'm sure this has been asked before, but this is my first time...Any relation to the Anderton music store in the UK?

First of all, welcome to the forum! I don't know of any direct connection with the Anderton music store, but my father was of British ancestry if you went back far enough, so who knows? Anderton isn't a very common name here in the US, although there seem to be pockets of them in various parts of the country.

I hope I can help in any way possible to assist those in getting the most from their Line 6 gear.

Wonderful! I love the participatory nature of the pro reviews, as it allows me to learn from the experience of others. Although this is nominally a "review," the various tips and ideas presented here are invaluable.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Anderton

View Post

First of all, welcome to the forum! I don't know of any direct connection with the Anderton music store, but my father was of British ancestry if you went back far enough, so who knows? Anderton isn't a very common name here in the US, although there seem to be pockets of them in various parts of the country.

Wonderful! I love the participatory nature of the pro reviews, as it allows me to learn from the experience of others. Although this is nominally a "review," the various tips and ideas presented here are invaluable.

Thanks Craig (if I may be inform in addressing you?) and please use any name you wish to address me. I prefer Neal, but I've been called many things in my lifetime - especially on the Line 6 forums.

The current "power-wielding" non-L6 employees - some of which are labeled "Experts" as CHOSEN by a few people @ L6. And even a few Line 6 employees have found me..."too much to handle"..."overly passionate" (never knew that was a bad thing?), "disruptive", "argumentative", "aggressive", and a "distraction" on the L6 Community Boards as well as in the Beta Teams I've been part of over the years since 2009.

Luckily the majority who think positively about me are just "regular" people, perhaps even some L6 employees who are not allowed to express feelings find my posts "informative", "very insightful", "very accurate in real world situations", and most importantly to me in my opinion - "useful".

Now that I've gotten this proclamation out of the way. My intentions here are to help, answer, suggest, or anything else the site, the moderator, or anyone on this site might wishing any type of help related to all the gear I own and am familiar with. Especially the Line 6 products from the Vetta amp w/optional FBV longboard & a pair of Variax model 700 guitars, through all the top of the line L6 products has produced including the current gear. Specifically the "Dream Rig". My D.R. consists of a JTV-89 Korean, JTV-59 US prototype, (2) POD HD500, POD HD PRO, (2) DT50 1x12 combo amps as well as all related editing software. the links to the photos I added to my original post shows various set ups I've used and a few of my entire live rig I've not had posted photos of as yet.

I'm not used to this type of forum, but I'll do my best to add as much value as I can from my experiences. As the gentleman above me posted asking you, Craig, about linking to posts on the L6 forums. I've retired myself from posting anything there ever again. I still read what is written by others, but for personal reasons I've chosen to stop my participation on the L6 forums publicly. Dr. Funky is someone I've been lucky enough to cross paths with there and he knows why I chose to leave. I even posted a thread explaining why I was leaving for anyone who might wish to contact me privately to work out any situations with the aforementioned L6 D.R. gear. Dr. Funky was the person who invited to come here as he felt I might be useful and not have the drama I have too often over there.

I will hang back for a while unless asked a direct question so I can get a feel for how this site works to prevent "leaping before looking". LOL

If you have any needs, wants, tests, anything at all within my power to provide, please just ask. I have several demo vids on YouTube already dating back to 2008 showing live performance or demonstrations of line 6 gear...in particular the Variax and now the JTV guitars. I've not done any "How To" vids, but have written a Guide for Frustrated HD500 Owners in the hope of keeping those users from giving up and returning their HD500 unit because they were banging their head against a wall trying to get the variety or even a single sound from this very complex, and extremely versatile unit. Its definitely NOT a Plug & Play product although Line 6 fails horribly in advertising this unit in a way that attracts users like myself who doesn't mind spending hours on just one patch, instead of being as honest as any profitable company can be while trying to sell units. If there is any debate on what L6 is about or what has changed over the past years starting back in 2007, please let me know where that conversation might be. I'd have lots to contribute there with tons of facts and several personal opinions.

I wish to fit in here - just point me in the right direction. Thanks.

Take care,

Neal

• Members

I thought I would at least start out with this topic although I do wish to see how this site works before venturing into much more.

I'll start out by saying that my personal experience with the Dream Rig is notbased on how the L6 manuals and most other users choose to use for their HD500 unit alone or in the Dream Rig scenario.

My first offering to this is to stop using the HD500 unit in any mode other than Studio/Direct. I use this mode for every possible use you have for the HD500.

• One reason is consistency of sound in many varied live performance and studio situations.
  • Second is that I HEAR all preamps, cabs, & mics no matter what I set up on the HD500 unit in my signal chain. So for example, DSP Limit messages. mad.gif Using my method, you can get more DSP intensive FX using preamp models in your signal chain, but in the Studio/Direct mode and still have the ability to hear changes in the cabs as well as the mics.
  • And one other thing to wet everyone's appetite I've found quite useful...ALWAYS have a single or dual amp controlled by one of the 8 footswitch controllers. Reason? BYPASS allows you to have another independent channel set to a FIXED setting on the DT amp channel B. If you can't turn off the amp model, you can't access channel B as all amp modeling takes place on ONLY channel A. In case anyone didn't already know this. SO you COULD have THREE DIFFERENT amp models in one single patch by utilizing just one of the footswitches to access channel B. PLUS, depending on where the amp is placed in your signal chain, you STILL get use of whatever FX in the chain BEFORE the mixer section without any fancy mixer control settings.

And just for the record, I use caps as a point of emphasis, not to shout. I bring this up as this was one of the hot button topics against me and how I wrote my posts by those working for Line 6. If this is objectionable to those here, please tell me now and what way is preferred to stress or emphasize a point. Thanks.

I hope this is a good starter and look forward to whatever will happen next.

Take care,

Neal

• Members

View Post

I wish to fit in here - just point me in the right direction. Thanks.

Take care,

Neal

Thanks for asking. I'd recommend the following:

1. Keep your posts concise. Remember, you're dealing with a lot of Americans, and we have short attention spans smile.gif

2. The focus of this thread is the Dream Rig setup, so there's no need to get into Vettas and such (except perhaps as a point of reference or comparison).

3. I strive to keep this a drama-free zone. Same with my Sound, Studio, and Stage forum. Whatever happened at the Line 6 forums is not really of interest to us, or relevant. You seem keen on contributing what you've learned about how to use Line 6 gear, and that's what will get the most positive response.

4. We're not really interested in discussing Line 6 as a company, what it is, what it was, or whatever. This is a product-centric forum and we focus like a laser on these products - specifically, how to get the most out of them, and what they offer - or don't offer - to the musician. We're not into politics because that's just not the point of a pro review.

So basically, stay on topic, stay focused, relax, and be helpful, and you'll fit in just fine!

• Members

View Post

I thought I would at least start out with this topic although I do wish to see how this site works before venturing into much more.

You pretty much get it smile.gif Every pro review has its own gestalt, and this one seems to be taking a turn toward applications. What's interesting is that in itself serves as a review, because it touches on the way different people use the system.

It kind of reminds me of Ableton Live--I've yet to see any two people use it the same way.

And just for the record, I use caps as a point of emphasis, not to shout. I bring this up as this was one of the hot button topics against me and how I wrote my posts by those working for Line 6. If this is objectionable to those here, please tell me now and what way is preferred to stress or emphasize a point. Thanks.

Well that's quite considerate. If you want to avoid SHOUTING, you can isolate sentences with specific points using line breaks--this will automatically add emphasis. Also, Italics emphasize very well, but without the whole SHOUTING STIGMA smile.gif. You can also use bold to indicate something like a control name. Like this--see what you think:

--------------------------------------------------

And one other thing to whet everyone's appetite I've found quite useful...always have a single or dual amp controlled by one of the 8 footswitch controllers.

The reason is that bypass lets you have another independent channel set to a fixed setting on the DT amp channel B. If you can't turn off the amp model, you can't access channel B as all amp modeling takes place on only channel A.

So, you could have three different amp models in one single patch by utilizing just one of the footswitches to access channel B. And, depending on where the amp is placed in your signal chain, you still get use of whatever FX is in the chain before the mixer section without any fancy mixer control settings.

• Members

• Second is that I HEAR all preamps, cabs, & mics no matter what I set up on the HD500 unit in my signal chain. So for example, DSP Limit messages. mad.gif Using my method, you can get more DSP intensive FX using preamp models in your signal chain, but in the Studio/Direct mode and still have the ability to hear changes in the cabs as well as the mics.

Hi Neal,

Glad to get your input here. I just wanted to add that I use the Combo power amp for output in my set-up because the Studio Direct sounds a little thin/ trebly to me when I use L6 link/ combo power amp In. So, I think it is safe to say we all have our own taste in what sounds best.

Saving DSP is really important to me too as I frequently use dual amp presets which just eat up the DSP and I frequently get the DSP used up message. I found that immediately removing the amp cabinets usually solves this.... and I add effects as needed. Then for some reason POD HD 500 allows me to put those cabinets back on with no complaint, if I really prefer to have the cab sounds... What is going on here? Getting at DT amp channel B is brilliant! I had no idea you could do that from a Pod HD preset. Wonderful suggestion.

Finally, I want to stress what Craig has told you about this forum...People are really interested in the gear and learning at this forum...This is what you want too. Remember I told you previously..."This is all about music, musical notes, and how to achieve that using Line 6 gear." So lets stay away from anything that strays from the music and the gear. Take Care,

Funky

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by dramey

View Post

Here is a question that Line 6 refuses to answer on their forums. What 4 amp models in the HD 500 correspond to the amp models in the DT 25? The manual says that any fiddling you do on the amp will change that parameter on the HD 500. That seems to be the case on everything but the model switch. The number will change on the amp, but when the link cable is plugged in, the model doesn't change. I'd love to dial in a tone on the amp and save it to a preset but it doesn't seem possible.

Yeah...this is what I'm finding. There might be a way or a work around, but goodness....I can't go "Man that would be cool with the Voxy topology and less delay." and switch it and have it saved? I'm finding you can do it with the delay, but not the topology. I mean the topologies are the JUICE of the rig, knowhatimsayin'?

So as I understand it, the only thing I can do is to take a preset with a topology and wipe it clean to build a patch from the topology up? I'm sure there are other ways....anyone know any tricks? I am not a preset guy.....I wanna build my own.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by 3shiftgtr

View Post

Yeah...this is what I'm finding. There might be a way or a work around, but goodness....I can't go "Man that would be cool with the Voxy topology and less delay." and switch it and have it saved? I'm finding you can do it with the delay, but not the topology. I mean the topologies are the JUICE of the rig, knowhatimsayin'?

So as I understand it, the only thing I can do is to take a preset with a topology and wipe it clean to build a patch from the topology up? I'm sure there are other ways....anyone know any tricks? I am not a preset guy.....I wanna build my own.

Hi 3Shiftgtr. If you have L6 link engaged you should be able to do whatever you want. Have Line 6 edit on and you will see that changes made on the DT amp will show up in edit. NFL topology, Class A/ AB and Pentode/ Triode will show up on the AMP page in Edit.(under DT amp) So you can change those too. Everything looks interactive except for the master volumes on the DT amp(s) and the HD unit itself (and some of the stuff in utilities of the HD units).

This way you can play around with the topologies and hear how each makes your preset sound if you want to change that. Same with the other 2 functions in the DT amps. Hope this is helpful in making your own presets. By the way, you can change the amp models easily, but on the amp page of Line 6 edit not from the knobs on the DT amp.

• Members

View Post

Hi 3Shiftgtr. If you have L6 link engaged you should be able to do whatever you want. Have Line 6 edit on and you will see that changes made on the DT amp will show up in edit. NFL topology, Class A/ AB and Pentode/ Triode will show up on the AMP page in Edit.(under DT amp) So you can change those too. Everything looks interactive except for the master volumes on the DT amp(s) and the HD unit itself (and some of the stuff in utilities of the HD units).

This way you can play around with the topologies and hear how each makes your preset sound if you want to change that. Same with the other 2 functions in the DT amps. Hope this is helpful in making your own presets. By the way, you can change the amp models easily, but on the amp page of Line 6 edit not from the knobs on the DT amp.

Tks Dr.!wave.gif

Are you talking about using the computer editor? The space where I do my tweaking, there is no computer nearby, so I'm just using the HD500 and the dt25. I haven't found what you are talking about on the HD screen. Also I'm still getting the hang of navigating the L6 paths. (I've been a Boss guy for way too long!)

Might need to snag a laptop or am I missing something in the nav screen on the HD?

• Members

View Post

You pretty much get it smile.gif Every pro review has its own gestalt, and this one seems to be taking a turn toward applications. What's interesting is that in itself serves as a review, because it touches on the way different people use the system.

It kind of reminds me of Ableton Live--I've yet to see any two people use it the same way.

Well that's quite considerate. If you want to avoid SHOUTING, you can isolate sentences with specific points using line breaks--this will automatically add emphasis. Also, Italics emphasize very well, but without the whole SHOUTING STIGMA smile.gif. You can also use bold to indicate something like a control name. Like this--see what you think:

--------------------------------------------------

And one other thing to whet everyone's appetite I've found quite useful...always have a single or dual amp controlled by one of the 8 footswitch controllers.

The reason is that bypass lets you have another independent channel set to a fixed setting on the DT amp channel B. If you can't turn off the amp model, you can't access channel B as all amp modeling takes place on only channel A.

So, you could have three different amp models in one single patch by utilizing just one of the footswitches to access channel B. And, depending on where the amp is placed in your signal chain, you still get use of whatever FX is in the chain before the mixer section without any fancy mixer control settings.

Okay Craig - if bold is better than caps - no problem. On that topic, I always try to give others the same level of understanding as I do for others I'm working with. both of us are certainly old enough to remember the very beginnings of the internet and how to create a verbal conversation as closely as possible with nothing available to use that the human voice can demonstrate so easily. I never thought any of this would need explaining or defining, but based on learning from the past - I thought I'd ask. I never needed coffee cups to say "hot" on them or toothpaste tubes with instructions "squeeze up from bottom" on them, but alas the world has become what it is now and common sense is not as common as it used to be. You've given me a preferred method of writing and I'll use that. Thanks.

• Members

View Post

Tks Dr.!wave.gif

Are you talking about using the computer editor? The space where I do my tweaking, there is no computer nearby, so I'm just using the HD500 and the dt25. I haven't found what you are talking about on the HD screen. Also I'm still getting the hang of navigating the L6 paths. (I've been a Boss guy for way too long!)

Might need to snag a laptop or am I missing something in the nav screen on the HD?

Yep! the Line 6 Edit program on computer interface from the HD with a USB cable. This really makes editing simple, and lays everything out in an obvious way. Effects are on one page, amp model(s) on the 2cd page along with DT information, Mixer and Variax info on the 3rd page, controller info on the next page and Set List comprehensive lists are on the last page. Anything you would do for a preset in the HD or DT amp will show up in edit as long as you are using line 6 link between them.

If you use a Variax (JTV,older Variax or even Variax Bass) info shows up in Edit on the 3rd page as long as you are using the VDI cable to the HD. Comprehensive, easy and quite interactive. So yes, snag a Laptop!

I find it quite debilitating to try to navigate from the HD's screen. Use the computer and save lots of hassle and time. You can't navigate the DT's NFL, class, and output tube modes from the HD screen.

I was a Boss guy for decades too. when I discovered they were not true bypass, I left Boss entirely but kept the pedals which will one day be museum pieces I'm sure. I hate when effects suck tone!.

• Members

View Post

Tks Dr.!wave.gif

I'll try to give a quick answer to what I believe is what you're asking. If you have no access to the HD500 Edit software I would try you best to make your edit-ware available to you where you spend your time working out your presets on the HD500. you don't need to have the amp sitting there to do this unless you wish ot hear the changes instantly. If you did not already know there are functions on the software that are not on the unit itself, and controls/functions on the unit that are not easily found using the HD500 edit-ware.

However, to handle your situation as you've stated it. if you wish to change and save topologies with just the HD500 and your DT amp, simply change the mode setting or any other amp setting right on the amp. Using channel A for all modeling values. you can then save every amp setting with whatever HD500 opatch you are working in by simply saving that patch.

The L6 Link is a two-way communication and any changes on the amp are instantly reflected in your HD500 patch. Amp adjustments are very simple to make and save on the HD500 unit without using the Edit-ware. For example - you are in Bank 1 patch slot A and you want to see how mode III works with the whatever you have set already on your HD500. You just flip the toggle to mode III on the amp, then hit save on the HD500 unit and every time you come back to that patch, Mode III will be recalled until you change it.

• Members

View Post

Amen to that Bro!

Ditto. I came in here to answer questions...and found they'd already been answered! thumb.gif

Neil - let me elaborate on the "format conventions." I have an idea that perhaps could become a "standard" in this thread (and maybe in future threads, too): Use Italics for verbal emphasis, and use bold for control names (e.g., "it's extremely important to keep the Treble knob below 11").

Let's give this a try and see if it works.

I did a convention in the Casio XW-P1 pro review that I might try here. There were so many posts people would sometimes miss the audio examples and downloads, so I changed the type color on those posts to blue. As people scrolled through the threads, they found it really easy to identify the "blue" posts and know there was something to listen to or download.

It's all about fine-tuning the process smile.gif

• Members

View Post

Ditto. I came in here to answer questions...and found they'd already been answered! thumb.gif

Neil - let me elaborate on the "format conventions." I have an idea that perhaps could become a "standard" in this thread (and maybe in future threads, too): Use Italics for verbal emphasis, and use bold for control names (e.g., "it's extremely important to keep the Treble knob below 11").

Let's give this a try and see if it works.

I did a convention in the Casio XW-P1 pro review that I might try here. There were so many posts people would sometimes miss the audio examples and downloads, so I changed the type color on those posts to blue. As people scrolled through the threads, they found it really easy to identify the "blue" posts and know there was something to listen to or download.

It's all about fine-tuning the process smile.gif

Whatever you feel is best - that's what I'll do. No problem.

And I'm glad I helped answer a question to save you the time. :-)

PS - just one thought I have based on the title of this forum. Could it be modified to include the DT50 - or perhaps a different thread like Line 6 "Dream Rig" (Tyler Variax, POD HD500, DT50 amp)? I've never had a DT25 in my possession. I've only learned the little I know from reading other posts from DT25 owners. However, what bits I do know are enough to know these two amp models have some very important and fundamental differences in functionality & sonic response in relation to each other. I would not wish to confuse anyone by posting methods that work well with my DT50 on a thread dedicated to the DT25 amp. What do you think?

• Members

At this point, changing the title would change the link, so if people have this bookmarked it would disappear. But feel free to include info about the DT50, as long as it's identified as such if the technique is DT50-specific.

• Members

Some one said something important that some folks seem to miss. The Dream Rig and it's components are not plug'n'play. What the components do is provide a plethora of options in tones. To miss what this does and see the components as not being any good because an individual cannot just plug in and get the magic tones that they are seeking is to miss the whole point.

I wonder if it would not be worth Line 6's time to build some vidios that demonstrate how to go about setting up the tones that an individual imagines. These are fairly sophisticated tools that in my experience can just about duplicate any guitar tone that a person could want. It seems that some of folks that are buying these components are not used to the idea of programing.

Archived