OT: Inside Jokes

BonsoWonderDog

• Members

Please no-one take this as a complaint.

I'm new to forums - really only taken this KSS to heart......so I'm not sure if a lot of forums are the same as this one.....

The point is, this forum seems to have so many "inside jokes" which the old-skool or in-the-know contributors seem to appreciate and thrive on, but the newbies like me and I guess a few thousand others just don't get. These include:

- truckboattruck

- GODDY

- the view from the binoculars from Don Solaris

- and many others

Are all forums like this? Does it take years to find out what the #### you people are talking about? Is it really worth it?

You contribution to this thread is appreciated. Except Swardle......you're a dipstick and please go away.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm by no means an old-timer, but I don't get some of these jokes either ...

The truck-boat-thing is one ...

I know the Don Solaris binoculars reference ... but I only got that very recently after watching a certain mid-1970s violent C.E. film on cable co-starring Don's avatar.

Goddy! has to do with creating the 21th post in a thread (top of the second page) and then somehow that's associated with a hot woman ... That's the work of ErrieDreamZ ...

Nothing to stress over ...

BTW, I think Swardle blew his "crusader" circuit ...

EDIT: V1.02 is up and running.

• Members

Please no-one take this as a complaint.

Is it really worth it?

Most of it is akin to someone asking "What were you eating under there?"

Is it really funny? No

Does it serve a purpose? No

But like a dog licking it's balls - just try to get them to quit it...

• Members

Are all forums like this? Does it take years to find out what the #### you people are talking about? Is it really worth it?

1. Every forum has an inner social circle with inside jokes.

2. Never thought about it - don't care enough.

3. See #2

• Members

truckboatruck? i think that inside joke is only known by one person (if that).

never thought too much about Don's pics, other than his synth pics. i wouldn't worry about it, he just seems to like old tv shows...

i always thought GODDY was a translation for "hey, look at me! i take it in the mouth and the ass at the same time!! i swallow, too!!", but i could be wrong on that one...

• Members

yes i didn't realize truck-boat-truck was a KSS inside joke at all.

i just thought the word was funny. so there you go. it's also easily adaptable to everyday situations!

no inside story here. goddy is another matter, i believe, and i tend to keep my hands clean of that one.

• Members

lol, could be. that's sure what it sounded like when i first heard it though. :)

'is it safe?' - isn't that the one line from that movie that SP sampled? i think the scene where he's pulling out the guy's teeth? never saw it...

doh! i thought i saw 'truckboatruck' somewhere...

• Members

lol, could be. that's sure what it sounded like when i first heard it though.
:)

'is it safe?' - isn't that the one line from that movie that SP sampled? i think the scene where he's pulling out the guy's teeth? never saw it...

The movie is Marathon Man, a pretty good lil spy thriller. That 'joke' is more a reference for film geeks and is hardly an 'inside joke' exclusive to KSS or HC.

Ok, I'm over-thinking this. Shoot me.

• Members

Truck-Boat-Truck is all over MySpace.

"Chas started a joke, which started the whole forum crying, but he didn't see that the joke was on him.

Chas started to cry, which started the whole forum laughing, Oh, if he'd only seen that the joke was on him."

Guest Anonymous

lol, could be. that's sure what it sounded like when i first heard it though.
:)

Marathon Man

I like that expression because it is "whacked out".

Guest Anonymous

Truck-Boat-Truck is all over MySpace.

"Chas started a joke, which started the whole forum crying, but he didn't see that the joke was on him.

Chas started to cry, which started the whole forum laughing, Oh, if he'd only seen that the joke was on him."

Will you be using this in a new song of yours? Very interesting subject matter.

• Members

it is?!?!

it's just what early cuyler from squidbillies calls his little thing he drives around. it's a truck towing a boat towing another truck.

personally, i don't see how that can't be funny to anyone, but eh.

I think it was a squidbillies myspace? What's a squidbillies? Some combination of Cajun & White Trailer Trash?

• Members

I think it was a squidbillies myspace? What's a squidbillies? Some combination of Cajun & White Trailer Trash?

ah yes i suppose i would expect it there then. it's just an adult swim program that involves a rather backwoods bred squid who likes to cook up interesting words that i adopt into my own vocabulary.

i grew up in a very rural area, so this amuses me greatly.

Archived