Interesting.

• Members

I heard street prices of $899 for the 8 channel and $1299 for the 16 channel. Down side is a wall wart power supply but its a QSC so it should hold up for some time.

Direct to hard drive recording alone makes it an interesting product for home studio work!

Dookietwo

• Members

Very similar to the line 6 M20d. A few things I like about it (6 aux outs vs 4 on the M20d), but one thing I don't see, is the "auto-trim" feature. I own the M20d, and I really like that. It is one of the few (if not only under $2500) digital boards that not only stores the input gain settings, but also, will automatically bring the gain down if clipping begins to occur.

The line 6 has the "stage plot" view, and also the "fader view". Interesting that the fader view on the QSC is almost identical to the Line6. Although, fader views on many boards are similar I guess!

I wonder what the price will be (EDIT....see the price above now). And I wonder if QSC will make some FRFR speakers with DSP that will link to the board as Line6 offers, that is where I see the most impressive side of the Line 6 system. When you combine their subs, mains and monitors, you get an amazing sound in about 30min of set up. From the trailer to good sound. One xlr cable leaves the board, and daisy chains the speakers together. Monitors too.

But will want to see one of these up close.

Archived