Hey Agedhorse!...

• Members

Been recovering from the NAMM plague this past week and had to work a show yesterday. I will be spending more time later this week I hope.

Never did hear back from countryman, I suspect it's beyond their interest level though if I was making products like they I would want to know as much as I could about what the current real world might throw at its soft white underbelly.

• Members

WynnD, the right word is actually what you wrote "Milanesa" it goes for chicken and beef as well, the meat (chicken/beef) is covered by mozzarella cheese or some sort, and its fried with it, that's not a Mexican recipe if i remember well, mainly is companions are fried potatos and salad (at least that's the way is served over here)

• Members

No cheese the way my Mother made it. My Aunt lived in Argentina until 1972 and they have a different approach to meat. I visited her in her home in Connecticut and she prepared two steaks that hung over the edge of the plate. Either one would have been 2 or more meals in my home. OK, Argentine Spinach Pie Saute' 1 large onion Add 1 pound frozen spinach. (or wilt two bunches of fresh spinach then add to onion.) cook until more of the moisture is gone add nutmeg (Large pinch) separately 1 cup of grated swiss cheese 2 beaten eggs mix everything together and pour into a pie crust and bake. (Yea, I can make that from scratch, but it's hard to tell the difference.) In Argentina they normally put a top crust on the pie, I don't bother. It's great either way. You can think of this like quiche, but it has serious flavor. I find quiche to be nearly bland. This is much better.

• Members

You should try our typical plate that's called cangrejos criollos (crabs), but not in the way that over in the USA prepared ir, I've try those, and they're totally different, this one's the way is cooked is with a combination of herbs and species +beer and salt, that's spectacular and you only encounter this kind over here,

• Members

Last nights show was Dwizel Zappa & band, we all spent well over an hour discussing marinade options that maintained firmness in various fish varieties. Every one of the lead crew on sound and production mgmt. including me is eligible to carry an AARP card and none of us have less than 30 years in the business.

This is how many pro shows roll, we all have our redpective areas totally under control so there's plenty of time go off topic while working at a pro level. It helps keep the monotony of the road and long work days (16 hour day in this case) bearable. This is the 4th time through the building so the trust is already established.

Archived