Modded DL4s, Gear Repairs + Mods

drasp

• Members
BUMP!!!

xavier_dl4_b.jpg

Big props to Dan! You DL4 owners on the fence about modding...don't hesitate. Just the switch upgrade alone makes the DL4 feel 1000x more solid and less like a toy (especially awesome when you use it as a looper). The one above is for my buddy in another country, but if I did one for myself it would get the works (switches, tap jack, preset mod, expression knob, new LED's, and of course a slick new powder coat job). Send yours to Dan now!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Big props to Dan! You DL4 owners on the fence about modding...don't hesitate. Just the switch upgrade alone makes the DL4 feel 1000x more solid and less like a toy (especially awesome when you use it as a looper). The one above is for my buddy in another country, but if I did one for myself it would get the works (switches, tap jack, preset mod, expression knob, new LED's, and of course a slick new powder coat job). Send yours to Dan now!

Wow - THANK YOU!!!

:wave:

• Members
Drasp,

You're work is amazing. Looking forward to your work on my DL4 (sent you a PM) and I'm happy to be a part of the harmony central world (finally).

Reply'd & glad I gave you a reason to join up - I know you'd mentioned lurking, its a great forum to be a part of!!!

• Members

Just wanted to publicly thank Drasp for fixing and modding my DL4. I found this website after mine broke only a month after having it. Dan got it working, fixed the output drop-off problem, installed the FANTASTIC footswitches and put in the expression knob on the side. The whole transaction was flawless, and I had never met the guy nor do I hang out on these forums. Now, when I use it, it does exactly what I want it to do. It is DL4 the way it SHOULD BE. I am extremely pleased. It was money well spent. Thank you Dan!

• Members
WARNING!

Its been brought to my attention, by a customer, that they were recently swindled by a new member to the forums. They traded a DL4 I had fixed for another pedal & after shipping the DL4, the new member vanished & hasn't been heard from since.

If you see this pedal, please contact me via PM or e-mail ASAP!!!:

adam_t_dl4_repair.JPG

• Members

TAP??? NO WAY! Does this mean the on board tap can be used as a 4th preset?

Ah, sorry,. . .no. T'would take magick more powerful than mine to add a bank!

Thats the tap in/out jack - lets you share/sync the DL4's tap signal with another pedal!

• Members

hey Drasp!

I have a question, have you ever had a switch function properly but when you press it just ever so slightly it turn on a different preset, for example when I'm in looper mode the C (play once) switch will occasionally turn the half time or reverse mode on, also when out of looper mode the B switch will turn the C preset on but only if pressed slow and gently, what kind of problem could this be? I've tried a reset.. still nothing

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members
hey Drasp!

I have a question, have you ever had a switch function properly but when you press it just ever so slightly it turn on a different preset, for example when I'm in looper mode the C (play once) switch will occasionally turn the half time or reverse mode on, also when out of looper mode the B switch will turn the C preset on but only if pressed slow and gently, what kind of problem could this be? I've tried a reset.. still nothing

Ah, missed this post somehow! Sounds like the kind of "demonic possession" thats common as your stock switches fail. They'll often trigger each other - sometimes even glitch & cause the unit to turn off & require the reset. Most often 100% fixed w/ a set of upgraded switches. . .

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Hello DRASP how can i change the jacks (i dont like the stock jacks looks bad for me) can i put a set of switchcrafts like these:
SwitchcraftMonoJack-1.jpg?1290292364

Sorry, I've never tried to change the jacks in a DL4 - not sure I've even come across a single problematic jack in all the DL4s I've serviced! I personally wouldn't consider changing them - the stock jacks work great!!!

Sock Monster: Yes! Current wait time is ~2-3wks. About to get longer between Thanksgiving & Christmas - GREAT time to send in your DL4 for some pre-holiday LOVE.

PM ME!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived