Modded DL4s, Gear Repairs + Mods

drasp

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I should also mention, for anyone interested in this unit, I only need to collect the base price of the unit itself up front. As usual, I collect payment for all mods/work only after they're completed & the pedal is ready to ship. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Super simple - just a 1/4" jack that "shares" the signal from switch 'D'. You can then use another source to 'tap' the tempo for the DL4, or vise versa.

Genius! The only real problem with my DL4 and usability (I found a unit with good switches and no volume drop) was that I couldn't sync it with DD-5's or M9.

I know I'm late to this party but I may be speaking with you shortly about having some work done!

• Members

Damn man....having a hard time deciding which is cooler: "bare metal" or hammerite. Powder blue hammerite?
:love:

Bare metal is fantastic. Seems to be best on the older boxes - I think they used better metal to cast those. The new ones are cool too, just not the same (I think I like the blinging L6 logo in the script version boxes. . .) It will loose some of it's shine as you kick it around, which, to me, is a great thing. You can always bring it back to mirror-town with a little elbow grease. . .

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

This pedal was just finished for a customer who isn't a huge DL4 fan, but wanted to try one out w/ my mods.

We started with a BRAND NEW DL4 - it has the box, came in the bag, spotless, zero velcro, even has the inspection tag on the rear pad in perfect shape. . .

We did:

*NEW* Upgraded Switches: $ 50

Output Buffer Mod: $ 35

10k 'EXP' pot w/ knob + 10k 'EXP' stomp w/ status LED + stomp toggle: $75

I can certainly do other mods if someone wants to purchase it + add to it. The pedal is currently with me. I will ask that you pay my customer directly so that there are no fees lost in bouncing the funds around. I am securing the deal &, of course, will stand behind the pedal for the next owner & every owner after that. . .drop me a PM with any questions. ;)

Total: $340 shipped

Pix:

lonny_j_dl4_a.JPG

lonny_j_dl4_b.JPG

lonny_j_dl4_c.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

drasp, Are you available to do a mod/fix? DL-4 is acting up a bit but I think it just has crappy pots that need replaced and I'd like to get new switches also. Possibly another mod or two. Everything seems to "work" on it (just some noisy, unreliable, with the Tweak pot being very loose and wobbly) just not well enough to trust it in a gig.

I can't seem to PM you. Weird!?

Thanks a million.

• Members

drasp, Are you available to do a mod/fix? DL-4 is acting up a bit but I think it just has crappy pots that need replaced and I'd like to get new switches also. Possibly another mod or two. Everything seems to "work" on it, just not well enough to trust it in a gig.

Thanks a million.

Sure - no problem at all. PM on the way. :thu:

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I use a variety of techniques to get the bare finish, beginning with a chemical stripping agent & ending with wet sanding & selective hand polishing. . .

To get all the lights on in a picture, select looping mode & record a full loop. Begin to overdub, then go to half-speed mode & hit play once. 'A' will be blinking, but if you time it right, you can snap a shot w/ all four lit! ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived