Modded DL4s, Gear Repairs + Mods

drasp

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Hey man, I was wondering how much you would charge to repair my DL4. I have one that just squeals. Would you take it as a core? Or would you have any idea how much you'd charge to fix it?

If you couldn't want to fix it would you be interested in buying the broken unit? Thanks man. Peace.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

Hi Drasp

Word is that you are an expert in the DL mod realm. I have a blown capacitor in mine (at C40) The specs are 16V 1000mF 85 Deg. Do you know if it matters what brand I get as a replacement? I figure it's electrolytic by the looks of it.

Thanks

Mike

• Members
Hi Drasp

Word is that you are an expert in the DL mod realm. I have a blown capacitor in mine (at C40) The specs are 16V 1000mF 85 Deg. Do you know if it matters what brand I get as a replacement? I figure it's electrolytic by the looks of it.

Mike -

I'll look at this later, when I've got a PCB in front of me. Shouldn't be anything special required by the electrolytic caps on the board, apart from the specs you've listed. You could 'upgrade' to hi-fi parts if you felt the need, but I seriously doubt any normal/human ear would know the difference. . . ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Members

wow, amazing stuff, few questions if that is ok drasp?

do you send to Europe? if so are the ups rates the same or more (to Ireland)?

also, do you charge extra for repairing a dl4? for instance if i was to get a broken one off eBay or something, and sent that to be modded, how much extra is that?

thanks! looking forward to using you, hopefully.

• Members
wow, amazing stuff, few questions if that is ok drasp?

do you send to Europe? if so are the ups rates the same or more (to Ireland)?

also, do you charge extra for repairing a dl4? for instance if i was to get a broken one off eBay or something, and sent that to be modded, how much extra is that?

thanks! looking forward to using you, hopefully.

Great questions - I should really add this to the OP.

Yes, I do a lot of work for folks in Europe & other parts of the world. And its very popular for those folks to score a DL4 off eBay & have it shipped to me. Doesn't make a whole lot of $ense to ship both ways if you're international. . . No extra charges for repairs unless there is something wrong, that I'm able to fix, which isn't already addressed by the mods (i.e. - bad pot, bad DC jack, etc.) This is rare. MOST DL4s with a problem only need switches.

Please drop me a PM when you're ready to start tracking down a DL4 to work on!

:wave:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

*ATTENTION* - I have a DL4 I'm about to start work on. If anyone is looking, this is a great chance to pick your color/mods/etc.

Will be $150 for the DL4 + mods, which will include at least a refinish (bare or powder), LEDs, switches + EXP mods of your choice. . .

jonny_dl4_c.JPG

josh_dl4_c.JPG

michael_s_dl4_a.JPG

Archived