Can Sellers Limit Bumps to 1x a Day?

guitar23

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
-- These type of sellers I avoid like the plague, if you are this type of wannabe intimidator, it needs no announcing.... he's the guy that's firm that his bone stock 2002 MIM strat is going to sell for $350.00 + $40 shipping + pay pal fee + packaging materials + car gas.

OR...they are tired of cheap bastards wanting a *deal*.
I price at my LOWEST offer i will accept.
I DO NOT ADD $100 TO MY PRICE SO I CAN COME DOWN $100
THAT'S JUST MASTERBATION TO ME!

AVOID ME, DOC! :p

• Members

I tend to think people who bump multiple times a day are either net newbies or have little self control.

over two thirds of the time the multi-bumpers don't have some ridiculous deal, they are just trying to sell their item and are frantic about it. Kind of makes them look frantic. Then they wonder why the get a lowball offer.

• Members

I have no problem with the OP bumping his thread. I can look at the last post and see if it's the OP and have an idea it's just a bump for bumps sake.

What I don't like are the handful of people who always, ALWAYS say something in EVERY For Sale ad. You know the guys I'm talking about, we all do.

"Cool Guitar Bump"
"Nice Color Bump"
"If it only had a floyd Bump"
"Cool Seller Bump"

Know what I mean? It's always the same guys too. But what they are really doing is this.

"I'm padding my post count because that's the only way I'll be taken seriously Bump".

You know who you are. Knock it off.

• Members
Geez, if someone else bumps your guitar, great. But it's really annoying to see the same people bumping their instruments 3, 4 times a day...

this is really annoying and if anything, it shows you are desperate to sell and buyers should feel free to lowball you....

are you selling bumps? then this should be in a different section. :cop:

• Members

i bump once a day because im used to the gear page, where you get chastised if you over bump.
now knowing that there is no moderator and no limit on bumping, im going to bump the hell out of my bumpables.
awesome.

• Members
I have no problem with the OP bumping his thread. I can look at the last post and see if it's the OP and have an idea it's just a bump for bumps sake.

What I don't like are the handful of people who always, ALWAYS say something in EVERY For Sale ad. You know the guys I'm talking about, we all do.

"Cool Guitar Bump"

"Nice Color Bump"

"If it only had a floyd Bump"

"Cool Seller Bump"

Know what I mean? It's always the same guys too. But what they are really doing is this.

"I'm padding my post count because that's the only way I'll be taken seriously Bump".

You know who you are. Knock it off.

cool post bump....:thu:

• Members

the way pbnation does bumps works great i think. Posting in a sale thread won't bump the page to the top. theres an actual bump button that only the thread starter can use and you can only use it once every 24 hours.

they started using that feature when people were bumping their gear once every couple of hours.

• Members
bump...

If your looking for something, use search...

And if you really have a problem with people for bumping you can be a douchebag like this guy here and leave rude remarks in their threads without taking anything into consideration. Such as; deals falling through, updating prices, updating pics, specs, ect. :thu:

• Members

And if you really have a problem with people for bumping you can be a douchebag like this guy here and leave rude remarks in their threads without taking anything into consideration. Such as; deals falling through, updating prices, updating pics, specs, ect.
:thu:

And the minor little fact that search doesn't actually work.

bump

• Members

And the minor little fact that search doesn't actually work.

bump

Yeah..it kills me everytime I see someone say "just use search, duh". They need to take their own advice, then at least they would know that the search function here works about as well as pissing into the wind.

Actually, I take that back. Pissing into the wind is more functional.

• Members

Agreed that the search function here sucks and is only good for the most basic searches.

I don't think anyone is talking about denying people the right to "bump", especially when they have updated prices or a deal falls through and the item is back on the block. My original point was just that-- that bumps for these issues are fine, but it's the chronic seller bump, 3, 4 times a day with no new info, forcing all other axes lower on the page, that is annoying.

Just having this brief discussion up on the boards (and bumping it once a day!) seems to have slowed down the chronic seller bumping in the past few days. That was all I was hoping to do....

Bump

• Members
i think 4 times a day is tasteful. i bump mine about 3 to 4 times a day. if we were only able to bump once a day, no one would ever see the thread because it would be on page 5 after being up 15 minutes.

I think 4 times a day MAX.

AGREED 100%.
It has nothing to do with desperation. People are sometimes gone (myself included) from the computer for a few days, and to dig back through 5,6,7 pages to see what's new that I missed can suck sometimes. I like bumps- it shows what's newest for sale and the ones that need to sell. Saves me trouble as a buyer.

Just my 2 cents. :rolleyes:

• Members

I like to bump in the morning and evening because different people browse the forums at different times. If you get your "daily bump" in at 8 pm but the guy who'd buy what you're selling is only on at 10 am, then you're losing a potential sale.

bump

Yep- plus you've got the different time zones and some folks don't check for stuff during the day at work, so they check at home before and after. Bumps help.

• Members

bump.

lol

• Members

i would glady stop bumping my threads so much if everyone else would. if i stop bumping mine 4-5 times a day, and everyone else does, mine gets buried to the 5th page within hours. i guess the only reason i bump so much is because everyone else is doing it, and those bumps are dropping my ad. its an endless cycle that i hope is stopped soon.

• Members

This is one of those threads that will have 7 pages, and nothing will change.

If someone posts, then either never bumps, or maybe once a week.... that tells me they are likely to be of the opinion of "my price, is my price, and when a man sets his price, its firm.

You're right that this thread could go on for a lot of pages and nothing will change.

The other part isn't necessarily true though. I only bump once a week just because I don't see the point of bumping every day. The people who "haunt" this area will have already seen it. The weekly bump I figure is good enough for anyone new who comes along or someone's suddenly decided they are looking for something you've got for sale.

(Although usually, within hours it's bumped off to page three, so I guess they won't see it anyway....)

Archived