Can Sellers Limit Bumps to 1x a Day?

guitar23

• Members

Geez, if someone else bumps your guitar, great. But it's really annoying to see the same people bumping their instruments 3, 4 times a day...

If anything, it shows you are desperate to sell and buyers should feel free to lowball you....

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sorry-I think I bumped 2 or 3 times today. It's not that I'm desperate to sell, it's cuz I'm a lefty and I wanna make sure other lefties see my thread. Not being a righty makes my thread go down the list very fast and sometimes in a few hours I'm on page 2 or 3. I do know where you are coming from and I will limit my bumps to once per day. In the meantime-you get a free bump-LOL

• Members

i think 4 times a day is tasteful. i bump mine about 3 to 4 times a day. if we were only able to bump once a day, no one would ever see the thread because it would be on page 5 after being up 15 minutes.

I think 4 times a day MAX.

• Members

List over at Jemsite and see how often you can bump;)

Even TGP which is somewhat of a mirror of this classified restricts to one bump a day and charges $25 per membership to have the privilege of listing..

Bumping once a day isn't asking too much:facepalm:

• Members

Just a thought, but noticing someone bumping a lot may indicate a real possibility for a good deal. I know there are some who bump all the time regardless of how ridiculous their asking price is, but some others, myself included, are likely to accept offers that people who aren't so motivated would. I know I've bumped my SG a bit, but whoever notices and offers me something fair is going to walk away very happy.

Just a thought, but if a rule is made I'd abide by it.

Thanks...and bump. lol.

• Members

A bump should mean that more information about a guitar, an offer, or possibly a price reduction by the seller has been added. Forumites bump to pay compliments to a guitar or the seller's good history/trustworthiness, etc.

But all too often, it's just another seller bump with no new info. And you don't know that till you open the thread and see that it's just ------ bumping his thread for the 4th time today..... and consequently other guitars disappear farther down the list. When you see the same old "bump" by the seller numerous times in a day, just to get their item to the top of the list, I think that is wrong, and it is forcing the instruments of many others off the front page each day.

It's a simple etiquette request. Assume people know how to use the search functions and will delve past page one. You overbumpers know who you are... and with that I say

Bump

• Members

This is one of those threads that will have 7 pages, and nothing will change. Someone might as well start a thread on their opinion of the best religion. It would be about as productive.

I actually don't mind the perpetual bumpers... the more bumps, that usually = the most open minded sellers who will work with you.... these are the sellers I seek out.

If someone posts, then either never bumps, or maybe once a week.... that tells me they are likely to be of the opinion of "my price, is my price, and when a man sets his price, its firm. If that means I sit on this sumbitch for a year, then I will."---- These type of sellers I avoid like the plague, if you are this type of wannabe intimidator, it needs no announcing.... he's the guy that's firm that his bone stock 2002 MIM strat is going to sell for $350.00 + $40 shipping + pay pal fee + packaging materials + car gas.

Archived