OT(?): Anybody else sick of the GODDY-bumps?

BOBA JFET

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by Fear My Potato

You were more coherent on mushrooms.

Active maturity is a phrase that applies beyond the dog food.

Damn! Those are good lines. Gotta remember them. Well said. (Rest of it too, BTW. ;))

And like I said, I'm probably already on ignore, despite the fact that I don't bring Goddy outside the p120dUdE thread...so what's the goddamned point?

I'll tell you the point...to piss off the nazis!

Nazi=control freak=anal retentive

That which is beyond our control upsets us most.

N'est-ce pas?

• Members

For the record, here is a list of "p120dUdE thread folk", so that you guys can put them on ignore now, since if they say "Goddy", you stand to learn nothing from them. Ironically, myteeGTI is also on the list. My point, you can't define who is on what side of this issue or if they should be blocked because of their participation in a thread...but here's the list anyway...just to make the point.

Smokin-Man
Puta
Fear My Potato
gilbertopb
D'Traveler
TDman
blue halo
Birdienumnum
_brainbug
jigg
scubyfan
Mookus
Array
mucsusn
analogaddict
SirGarrote
ChrisM250
BillyWa
Trillian
Chris100
audacity works
Yoozer
eatsdrummachine
myteeGTi
baldo
pagan
Mintbeetle
Jimmyzegg
multitrack mind
radiospace
keyman_sam
MP3Chuck
GigMan
Steph3dfx
dan88z
AfroRouge
Sleepin' Deeper
Tai Mai Shus
oddbods finger
Boom
Old Mikey
Dreamer
jazzyprof
wysiwyg
eric
sevensinner
HungryCoyote
jazzed
TheRain
drowse
Etcher
funkstar
Dave Bryce
Gleotch!
davehorne
Wade
Jeez
noisestudios
Roald
The Piano Man
nckeyz
LANSTARR
synthlover
GlassPrisoner
paostby
air cut light
TacoFlavoredPigeon
b3keys
zone_ahead
flukewurm
gobojacobs
O.K. Johnson
burster1
roblogic
KrazyKarl
fqr
Allerian
suitandtieguy
aeon
Mr. Riceguy
srsfallriver
Jon Dough
Guestuser
Ramras
yngfrnkstn
tucktronix
Stbean
eminor9
SuperCoolManchu
CaptLego
Trauma Hound
protues9
Texas Noise Factory
rickkreuzer
Jaydubz
arpeggio
Geosync
wheresgrant3
SkitzoPsycho
pighood
murftone
chunkathalon
agentcooper2001
JazzP120
Analog Kid
proggisynth
scenicsquare
'55Bee
gigilo777
MobyDick
oldybendy
audiopack
Hobbes84
SumDumGuy
WhinyLittleRunt
JLo
Guitarist970
silentheart
idiotboy
Dystopia
ebonivory
rjx
r_harms

Block us all and be happier.

• Members
Originally posted by Boom

Some people are just too damn uptight. I guess that can be expected of some electronic musicians. Rigid just like xox sequenced beats. Turn off the quantize, you'll be happier.

I keep the basic beat at a 50% quantize rate to allow a little human feel and then I overtrack without it. But if I didn't quantize the steady cymbals I'd be in trouble. :D

• Members
Originally posted by burster1

It's funny how one word gets to people but lot's of unrelated pic's don't.

Ya gotta luv the Birdie sense of humor
:)

Originally posted by BOBA JFET

No, that's just another battle for another day.

Now, that's just the problem, Boba/Is. Please lighten up. Having a sense of humor and being a professional musician are not mutually exclusive. I am both. Some would say that to survive in the music business a sense of humor is mandatory.

You have said yourself that you enjoy recording music as a hobby. Nothing wrong with that, but why do you begrudge me my fun here? KSS is not a battle. KSS is not a tech manual. We are here to have discussions, help each other with information, and enjoy a laugh...on an anonymous forum where we can diss our employers if we want to. :)

• Members

And like I said, I'm probably already on ignore, despite the fact that I don't bring Goddy outside the p120dUdE thread...so what's the goddamned point?

I'll tell you the point...to piss off the nazis!

No, you aren't on my ignore list, specifically for that reason. I never said "everybody who has ever posted in the p120dUdE thread even a single time", I said and meant that I'm only going to ignore those who choose not to keep the nonsense in there. But the people who are on my ignore list aren't really ignored. I do value Smokin's and Birdie's input. Chris100, not so much. But my point isn't to block them out of my consciousness completely, just that the majority of their posts are completely disposable to me, so it's less effort to just click on the ones that might be worth something than to wade through the majority of others that aren't. I'll still be reading and responding to many people on my ignore list. There's just a much better chance that I won't be reading their post if it's the 20th reply on a thread, or if nobody else seems to respond to what they said.

You're pretty difficult to please. This is my way of not making my problem your problem. Nobody else has to change their conduct. Problem solved.

• Members
Originally posted by Birdienumnum

Now, that's just the problem, Boba/Is. Please lighten up. Having a sense of humor and being a professional musician are not mutually exclusive. I am both. Some would say that to survive in the music business a sense of humor is mandatory.

You have said yourself that you enjoy recording music as a hobby. Nothing wrong with that, but why do you begrudge me my fun here? KSS is not a battle. KSS is not a tech manual. We are here to have discussions, help each other with information, and enjoy a laugh...on an anonymous forum where we can diss our employers if we want to.
:)

I'm not begrudging you your fun. Post as many stupid pics as you want, I don't have to look at them any more so I don't care. I'm not ignoring you, I'm just ignoring what has become what appears to me to be the majority of your posts which are just meaningless absurdity.

I'm done with this discussion. No hard feelings against anybody. If you're on my ignore list, it's not because I hate you. This is a satisfactory solution to me. You don't have to change a thing. Carry on, as you were. :)

• Members

So, now that some internal pressure has been relieved thru the alimentary canal, time for some Eno.

There are two ways to change the world:

1) Conquer the external world and with laws and coersion make it conform to you. Tried many times with less than admirable results.

2) Change the focus of your attention and selectively and deliberately devote it to things that gratify, elate and elevate. And deny it to things that annoy, upset or cause pain.

One is the human way, the other is the spiritual way.

Guess which one works?

If you get it right, you will feel better and better with each passing moment. If you get it wrong, you will sink deeper and deeper into anger, sullenness and despair. That feeling is the little man inside letting us know how we're doing. The little man is our intuition, subconscious, higher-self, God, Goddy...whatever you want to call it.

Don't believe me? Try it. Think a stream of thoughts that you know are patently untrue. Pay attention to how you start to feel. Now reverse course and start thinking thoughts that you absolutely know are true. Pay attention to your feeling. This is the Law of the Universe.

The only real power we have down here on this earth is the power of choice. And that is why we all have this guidance system built in.

Exercise it, and exercise it wisely.

• Members
Originally posted by Phineas

There are two ways to change the world:

1) Conquer the external world and with laws and coersion make it conform to you. Tried many times with less than admirable results.

2) Change the focus of your attention and selectively and deliberately devote it to things that gratify, elate and elevate. And deny it to things that annoy, upset or cause pain.

One is the human way, the other is the spiritual way.

Guess which one works?

Dear Boba/Is.,

I am sorry that you feel that the majority of my posts are "meaningless absurdity". If you look around today, you will find that I have responded on at least four threads with meaningful musical comments. The only thread on which I have been absurd is your own, for good reason.

Phineas is right. It's like two bricks: force them together with your hands, like a dictatorship, and as soon as your power weakens and you let go, they fall apart. But if you cement them together with love, they will stay together even when you have passed away. Love Is, Is. :)

• Members

Originally posted by Birdienumnum

The only thread on which I have been absurd is your own, for good reason.

For good reason? What was that? Did you want to prove a point, or did you just want to blow a raspberry at me?

I'm doing exactly what Phineas is suggesting, I'm not trying to make the world conform to me. I'm not trying to coerce anybody to do anything at all. If you're upset that I've chosen to use a tool available to me through the forum (in a way that is wholly inobtrusive and transparent to everybody else), that's not my fault. I'm not doing anything to you. I'm not asking you to change.

I don't want to be the forum fascist. I made a polite request. It wasn't granted to me. I'm okay with that. I want to emphasize that I'm not angry with anybody, there are no grudges or hard feelings on my part. I did the next best thing for myself, and unless anybody has any compelling reasons why I shouldn't filter out junk by default, I'm really ready to exit this discussion.

• Members

You're pretty difficult to please. This is my way of not making my problem your problem. Nobody else has to change their conduct. Problem solved.

I think a lot of this came out of a general statement I didn't necessarily mean to aim at you. What generally happens is someone rational (like yourself) addresses something in a reasonable way, and a bunch of joyless gearhogs come on and try to {censored} in everyone elses' noodles.

People that when the opportunity comes up are vehemently opposed to something, but never bitch in the meantime and never bring the issue up themselves.

Those are the nazis I speak of. Mytee isn't a nazi, I don't know what quite he'd be, but his attempts at "ignore list solidarity" is irritating...he brings it up everytime there's a freaking dispute.

It's all good though, like I said...it's the fact that I've talked to you about OT stuff and joked around with you that makes me able to just calm down on it, you know? It just bothers me when others (not yourself) try to get on the OT stuff...especially since those others generally don't get along well with the others.

• Members

Originally posted by Boom

Some people are just too damn uptight. I guess that can be expected of some electronic musicians. Rigid just like xox sequenced beats. Turn off the quantize, you'll be happier.

To stray off topic a little bit, I actually do prefer rigid-sounding music. A little funk is nice, but it's not something I can relate to. Actually, to me a tight rigid order to things is a lot closer to nature than that which is loose, flowing, or chaotic. But it depends on how you look at things. I guess it's kind of an art v. science kind of thing. If you remember way back, there was a monthly mission that involved composing around the theme of a microscopic picture of a snowflake. To me, that picture (which incidentally was my nomination for that month) is singularly more beautiful than any piece of artwork I've ever seen (or heard). And it's basically a very rigid, regular crystalline structure.

So I don't think there is anything wrong with perceiving reality as very structured. It's not really in conflict with anything. Tightness makes you uncomfortable. Looseness makes me uncomfortable. Neither is wrong or right, just different.

• Members

Birdie - if it was the former, please explain to me what your point is. In complete honesty, the only thing I can fathom is that you're trying to prove that I don't control you (in a kind of "nyah nyah" way), which I was never trying to do. If I'm way off base, clue me in.

The vibe I'm getting is that you're being vaguely antagonistic in a slightly passive-aggressive, coy sort of way.

• Members

Well, I just thought it was assumed by default that I'm the valiant protagonist. I ride a white horse {censored}ing everywhere, and I have long flowing locks of blonde hair. Oh, and muscles. Big ones. That I only use to beat up bad guys. and slap bitches who done {censored}ed up.

I bet birdie has slicked back black hair, and a thin moustache, and he probably sneers a lot. :mad:

• Members

To stray off topic a little bit, I actually do prefer rigid-sounding music. A little funk is nice, but it's not something I can relate to. Actually, to me a tight rigid order to things is a lot closer to nature than that which is loose, flowing, or chaotic. But it depends on how you look at things. I guess it's kind of an art v. science kind of thing. If you remember way back, there was a monthly mission that involved composing around the theme of a microscopic picture of a snowflake. To me, that picture (which incidentally was my nomination for that month) is singularly more beautiful than any piece of artwork I've ever seen (or heard). And it's basically a very rigid, regular crystalline structure.

So I don't think there is anything wrong with perceiving reality as very structured. It's not really in conflict with anything. Tightness makes you uncomfortable. Looseness makes me uncomfortable. Neither is wrong or right, just different.

A really great post, Boba. :)

For my part, I realised some time ago that you sometimes have to lose something to gain a greater thing in its place.

Art mirrors life. Monet painted at his best when his sight was failing him in old age, as Beethoven composed his majestic 9th Symphony hearing it entirely in his head.

With regard to the tight, loose debate. I see it like Seurat's pointilism. Depends on how close you stand. For me personally, Seurat gobsmacks me to this day no matter where I stand.

Feeling is the currency of life, as it is of art.

• Members

Well, I just thought it was assumed by default that I'm the valiant protagonist. I ride a white horse {censored}ing everywhere, and I have long flowing locks of blonde hair. Oh, and muscles. Big ones. That I only use to beat up bad guys.
and slap bitches who done {censored}ed up.

I bet birdie has slicked back black hair, and a thin moustache, and he probably sneers a lot.
:mad:

NOW A WARNING:

Guys, chill. This is counterproductive. If you have this much pent up aggression in you, I'll just have to go and start Yet Another Oasys Thread. (YAOT)

OHHHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Then we can all take it out on the old gang that only shows up when the big O is getting hammered. :D:D:D:D:D

Archived