OT(?): Anybody else sick of the GODDY-bumps?

BOBA JFET

• Members
Originally posted by Boom

Goddy=Goddy. Like it or not.
:D

If you have to post because you are bothered by the Goddy, you should go get a Hobby, because there are more important things in life to worry about than a 5 letter word, nerd.
:eek:

Dude, this forum is a hobby to me. It's rediculous not to care about what goes on here, if I'm going to spend so much time here anyway.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Just for the record and my 2c, I {censored}ing hate the Goddy thing, especially when someone does it as a response to someone else's comment... "Goddy :)".....Jesus it's annoying. I started a thread on that a while ago, but it's one of those that just slipped thru the OJ filter into oblivion.

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=950234&highlight=Goddy

• Members
Originally posted by urbanscallywag

Birdie: can you elaborate? I don't get what you're saying.

Why...soitenly! :)

I wish to goddy say that I goddy think that goddy when in the course goddy of goddy human events goddy fourscore and twenty goddy years ago goddy furshlugginer veeblefetzer goddy goddy goddy antidisestablishmentarianism [sp?] goddy goddy eddiekootchiekamaposanearaposanokasamacamawackybrown goddy goddy!

I hope that clears that up. :)

Goddy. :) :)

• Members

Choice 4: don't care.

If it really bothers you, find some bigger problems in life. Yeah, it might not be a pleasant thing to do, but on the other hand does it really matter? I don't know.

How would you like it, if there was a random GODDY in every fifth or so page of a newspaper you are reading? Or a synth manual? And sometimes ten pages of GODDY...

They make a forum resemble toilet paper.

• Members

Choice 4: don't care.

If it really bothers you, find some bigger problems in life. Yeah, it might not be a pleasant thing to do, but on the other hand does it really matter? I don't know.

Birdie: can you elaborate? I don't get what you're saying.

You were bothered enough about a few of us hijacking your already OT thread that you started another OT thread and practically demanded that everybody pack up and move. People mucking up your thread with stuff you didn't come to read really bothered you, didn't it? I'm not saying that you were being unreasonable. On the other hand, getting bothered about a legitimate discussion that didn't go in the direction you would like to me seems a little less reasonable than getting bothered over people posting utter nonsense in many if not most threads (certainly most successful ones) simply to pad their post count (perhaps so that they may later on lord their superior post count over a newbie).

• Members
Originally posted by spritex

How would you like it, if there was a random GODDY in every fifth or so page of a newspaper you are reading? Or a synth manual? And sometimes ten pages of GODDY...

Nazi-esque, anal-retentive bitching I would say is going to ruin this forum. People being goofballs is a characteristic of HC and it's the reason we don't get torn apart over {censored} like the Oasys, because it's more a community of people having a good time. And in the end you realize it's the same old Array or the same old pighood you've been getting along with all along, there's no reason to get offended, and you get over it.

But I'm sorry, sorry that we can't be customer support. Sorry that when {censored}ing idiots come in here too lazy or stupid to read their manuals (a good portion of the material here) or unwilling to do research, we might be busy having a good time and might not IMMEDIATELY tell them why god hates them.

Or why you might feel so compelled (or anyone else for that matter) to claim "it's a waste of space and is clogging up the forum" when in doing so you waste space and clog up the forum.

What I'm sorry for is the fact that a large core group of forumites are the primary participants in most of the things here. A lot of people either don't add much, or don't participate at all, and sorry if once in a while instead of arguing about the Virus C versus Nord Modular AGAIN (or whatever), we might say "Goddy" here in there. I stick to the Hammond stuff, with the other FIVE OR SIX organ players. For the most part, I'm stuck wading through piles of the same old synth related arguments that I've been reading since I GOT HERE four years ago. But I realize it's a group forum and everything isn't here just for me. Some of you honestly act like spoiled little brats sometimes...the forums aren't just for you.

But most of all...

...I'M SORRY...I THOUGHT I WAS IN...AMERICA! :rolleyes:

You guys really need to lighten up. All of you. Jesus {censored}ing h christ...

• Members

In fact, wouldn't every forum of communication between individuals be better if it were plain and overly serious like a newspaper or manual? KSS is not the manual for your synth and if you expect it to be, you can go start a free customer service forum yourself...

Someone made a joke and not everyone gets it.

Get over yourselves.

I also realize that even though I haven't said the big G word yet, I'm probably still going to get on ignore just for saying what people don't want to be told. But that's really what this comes down to...the people who inevitably float around the forum complaining about what others have to say are the people that aren't willing to listen anyway.

I get home at eight in the morning hungover and have to look at this stupid sandbox argument "you broke my favorite matchbox car" bull{censored}? And you guys think the G word is ignore worthy?

• Members
Originally posted by spritex

Good thing I don't pay for the forum. Your analogy is weak.

• Members
Originally posted by Fear My Potato

Nazi-esque, anal-retentive bitching I would say is going to ruin this forum. People being goofballs is a characteristic of HC and it's the reason we don't get torn apart over {censored} like the Oasys, because it's more a community of people having a good time. And in the end you realize it's the same old Array or the same old pighood you've been getting along with all along, there's no reason to get offended, and you get over it.

But I'm sorry, sorry that we can't be customer support. Sorry that when {censored}ing idiots come in here too lazy or stupid to read their manuals (a good portion of the material here) or unwilling to do research, we might be busy having a good time and might not IMMEDIATELY tell them why god hates them.

Or why you might feel so compelled (or anyone else for that matter) to claim "it's a waste of space and is clogging up the forum" when in doing so you waste space and clog up the forum.

What I'm sorry for is the fact that a large core group of forumites are the primary participants in most of the things here. A lot of people either don't add much, or don't participate at all, and sorry if once in a while instead of arguing about the Virus C versus Nord Modular AGAIN (or whatever), we might say "Goddy" here in there. I stick to the Hammond stuff, with the other FIVE OR SIX organ players. For the most part, I'm stuck wading through piles of the same old synth related arguments that I've been reading since I GOT HERE four years ago. But I realize it's a
group
forum and everything isn't here just for me. Some of you honestly act like spoiled little brats sometimes...the forums aren't just for you.

But most of all...

...I'M SORRY...I THOUGHT I WAS IN...AMERICA!
:rolleyes:

You guys really need to lighten up. All of you. Jesus {censored}ing h christ...

Give me a {censored}ing break. :rolleyes:

How is somebody asserting an opinion about a behavior that bothers them "Nazi-esque"? Does my opinion commit genocide? I'm not even forcing it upon you. By your logic, you didn't even have to come into this thread and read my opinion. Why should it bother you? Let me have a bad time over here without getting hassled, man! In fact, by your logic one could accuse you of being Nazi-esque when it comes to not exercising any form of restraint, tact, or just good manners at all.

The thing is, I understand that this forum is fun. But what you consider fun and what I consider fun aren't the same thing. I don't want every thread to read like a textbook, either. In fact, I have even been known to *gasp* crack wise on occassion. But sometimes, fun is just having a discussion without having it interupted by the literary equivilent of a fart by somebody who didn't even have anything valuable to contribute to the discussion.

I don't think I'm asking anything unreasonable. I'm not saying "never say GODDY! again". I wasn't even going to ask anybody to do anything, I just wanted to see where the forum is at. Of those who have taken the poll, it seems that it's about 2:1 that people find the goddy-bumps (as defined above) are annoying and disruptive.

Guest Anonymous

I personnally don't mind being the minority :D

It's funny how one word gets to people but lot's of unrelated pic's don't.

Ya gotta luv the Birdie sense of humor :)

• Members
Originally posted by burster1

I personnally don't mind being the minority

It's funny how one word gets to people but lot's of unrelated pic's don't.

Ya gotta luv the Birdie sense of humor
:)

No, that's just another battle for another day.

Actually, probably not. The ignore list is working pretty well. Putting all of the p120dUdE-folk who insist on seeping their {censored} onto other threads on my ignore list works great. If it looks like they might have said something of value, I can click on the post to read it. It'd be nicer if people would just be a tad more considerate, but since evidently caring about that kind of thing means I'm a jew slaughtering monster, this way is almost as good.

• Members
Originally posted by BOBA JFET

Actually, probably not. The ignore list is working pretty well. Putting all of the p120dUdE-folk who insist on seeping their {censored} onto other threads on my ignore list works great. If it looks like they might have said something of value, I can click on the post to read it. It'd be nicer if people would just be a tad more considerate, but since evidently caring about that kind of thing means I'm a jew slaughtering monster, this way is almost as good.

I quoted a very specific person when I made the nazi reference, and I didn't say he was a nazi...I said he was nazi-esque. :D

The reference I made to you and the rest of the people in here was that of children in a sandbox. Keep things straight. And I liked this thread when it was just a poll to see where people stood, it was when certain members started saying how this forum is to look (eg, not like toiletpaper) and when it became an ignore-list solidarity movement, that I charged in being rude. I was merely countering the "talk to the hand" ignore tactics (which I think are far ruder than anything else)...so if you want to get on me for being rude in the forum get on mytee first.

I think ignoring everyone who ever posted on the p120dUdE thread is an arrogant, ignorant, and immature action. You people are bitching that the word is taking over the forum, yet the dUdE thread is where most of us use the word. You don't want to see it around the forum, yet if you put it where it goes (the dude thread), you get labelled. Find me more than five posts outside the dude thread where I said the g word. They don't exist. "p120dUdE folk" You're labelling around 100 people (including Yoozer) like they're a bunch of people not worth identifying. Congrats, you're being a {censored}ing nazi. Now that you've qualified for exactly what you complained about, are you content?

(editted to be slightly less offensive)

Archived